Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored at work so I'm tuned into the live cast. Might give me reason enough to finally update my iPad 2.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was more so referring to updating to a new model. I still don't have iOS 8 on my iPhone and my iPad is still on an older version of 7.

But then again 8.1 was just announced so who knows.

5k Retina iMac? Mac Mini with PCIE flash based storage?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I was more so referring to updating to a new model. I still don't have iOS 8 on my iPhone and my iPad is still on an older version of 7.

But then again 8.1 was just announced so who knows.

5k Retina iMac? Mac Mini with PCIE flash based storage?

Don't care so much about the new iPads as I do the "old". iPad Mini 2 (with retina and A7) for $299 is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one thing that ruined it for me- Mac Mini, PCIE storage. Mac Retina? Still appears to be SATA. :facemelt:

Well hopefully the display ends up as a standalone unit in the near future.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Yeah, that's a pretty sweet spot in the lineup. The mini retina is a sweet little tablet.

Having dropped my iPad, which resulted in me having to replace the glass/digitizer, the new laminated LCD makes me a little nervous. Break that, and it's going to be an EXPENSIVE repair.

Now where the fuck is Yosemite on the Canadian app store? :mad:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Jeff beat me to it. They're still going for a decent amount on contract, but outright price is still outright BS. A slim margin of people are going to be buying the 5S now that the 6/6+ is out, most likely older folk who don't care about the latest-and-greatest.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I'll just stick to buying the odd number iterations, so I'll wait for the 7 when it will be back to a normal size, yet will have a second class processor, memory, and camera as compared to the competitive offerings.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'm still using an iPhone 4, so i'm on an even-number buying cycle. Sort of. The iPhone 4 was the first iPhone i bought. :erk:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

darren said:
I'm still using an iPhone 4, so i'm on an even-number buying cycle. Sort of. The iPhone 4 was the first iPhone i bought. :erk:
This :lol: except I probably won't upgrade until this breaks or it stops supporting some apps I want/need :lol: then I'll get whatever has a decent deal and the right features.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)smoking:)

So, wtf is with all this iPhone "event", windows "event" and apple "event" shit? Seriously. :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)smoking:)

So, wtf is with all this iPhone "event", windows "event" and apple "event" shit? Seriously. :lol:
Apple decides they need the press to fawn over them for a marginal upgrade to the iPhone once a year, then a month later, tired of the press not fawning over them anymore, they hold another event for more marginal upgrades to more products. They can't upgrade too significantly, because they save all the good stuff for next year. Repeat this formula ad nauseum for best results.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts