1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
That trackpad actually looks pretty cool.

·
18,790 Posts
I actually like the trackpad idea, but mostly would like to see what uses some creative programming types can come up with for a bluetooth trackpad with multitouch. Also would be nice for HTPC/non-desk setups where a mouse is a little awkward.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That trackpad actually looks pretty cool.
I think I could see myself using it. Maybe not as a total mouse replacement, but an alternative.

One use that I can think of for it is playing games like Diablo III or Starcraft II. I am anxious for Diablo III, and I'd like to play it on my Mac Mini connected to my TV. The Trackpad could make it possible!

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Shh!

You guys hear that?

Its the sound of Chris' credit card being swiped at the apple store. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
haha that touchpad is pretty cool but I think you guys know how I feel about wireless stuff :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Fuck.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want the Trackpad :agreed:

When are you selling your iMac? :lol:

4,429 Posts
Seems cool but I hate using protools or logic without a mouse or a ball style mouse (similar to a ball used on arcade games).

Using the track pad on my laptop over a mouse literally adds what i'd estimate as hours on a project.

·
18,790 Posts
Seems cool but I hate using protools or logic without a mouse or a ball style mouse (similar to a ball used on arcade games).

Using the track pad on my laptop over a mouse literally adds what i'd estimate as hours on a project.
For editing, I absolutely agree. Mixing or tracking, I don't mind so much. Hell, moving faders almost feels better on the touchpad :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I'm definitely getting the trackpad, as well as the keyboard, since I can use it with both my MacBooks and my iPad.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
fuck. i really really want one bad now. even though my new 2010 macbook pro with i7 is nice, i just want an imac

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When will they ever release a MacBook docking station? Portable iMac! :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Fuck.
:lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Ever since they started making iMac's with the black border around the LCD, they've never looked sharper.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
The new MagicPad is nice, I'll probably pick one up for my HTPC, assuming it can work properly with Windows and plays well with my Logitech BlueTooth dongle.

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
Can someone explain to me what the advantages are of the trackpad? I think it's the stupidest idea I have ever heard. Laptop track pads are shit. A huge one is not going to be much better. For accuracy I have a wacom tablet. Why on earth would I ever want to use a massive trackpad for accurate movement?

Seriously am I missing something?

Just to add - posting from my MacbookPro so know the 'Apple' advantages etc.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts