Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Being announced right now.

Cameras, thinner, dual core etc.

I was hoping for a price cut, but the prices remain the same. :(

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I was half-way expecting capacity to be doubled without effecting pricing... The processing power upgrade is pretty major though. It'll be competitive with the Xoom :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Will there be enough CPU to run Flash properly? The worst part about the iPad is that the Youtube app doesn't always let you run higher-resolution videos, which kills a big part of the functionality of that big pretty screen.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Will there be enough CPU to run Flash properly? The worst part about the iPad is that the Youtube app doesn't always let you run higher-resolution videos, which kills a big part of the functionality of that big pretty screen.
That processor should be great, but Flash? Not on an iPad...

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I was half-way expecting capacity to be doubled without effecting pricing... The processing power upgrade is pretty major though. It'll be competitive with the Xoom :D
*affecting

Pretty sure that the iPhone/iPad etc use .h264 encoding? I remember Google making a big deal about the fact that they were converting all of their stored videos to some different format.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I've never once on mine said "Man, this needs more processing power". I mean, it's cool that the new one has it and all, but I just don't think it was all that necessary.

Cameras and such are aces though, and Scott's right - no Retina is a bummer.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I've never once on mine said "Man, this needs more processing power". I mean, it's cool that the new one has it and all, but I just don't think it was all that necessary.
Yeah, but it opens the door for more intensive apps, and games.

LIKE MINECRAFT :scream:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah, but it opens the door for more intensive apps, and games.

LIKE MINECRAFT :scream:
Toss Epic Citadel on your iPad. It runs just fine, and I can't think of many things that would beat on the processor quite like a maxed out Unreal engine.

I mean, more power is like more tone and less mids, you can never really min/max it, but I'm a tad disappointed. I was hoping it'd look like the iPhone 4 on the edges - not more like a giant iPod touch.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

Cameras and such are aces though, and Scott's right - no Retina is a bummer.
If there going to add the cameras and stuff, why NOT upgrade the processor for the same price? I imagine if they kept charging and left the old CPU in there wed hear a lot of complaining about the price staying while the cpu ages.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
From what I've seen wit the current gen ipad, and the state of the apps as of right now, I would have preferred a display upgrade over the dual core.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Massively disappointed that there is no screen update. I really was going to get one of these but I don't even know now. It just seems like they're holding back so when the next one has a better screen everyone will go out and buy another new one.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts