Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my supervisor gave me this article on mixing metal. Since I am always stuck recording hip hop and never a metal band(id do it myself but im bad at programming drums and i concentrate too much on my own guitar playing and flaws)

So ill put it as a pdf file for you guys to download from here as an attachment, enjoy!

(mod edit - attachment deleted, see post #4 for a web version that can be freely shared)

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think it matters unless im making money off of it? if it does ill remove it without question.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
If it's available for free on SOS, then as long as it's cited properly linking it should be ok. Is it available as a PDF on their site?

EDIT - they sell the .pdf on their website, so it is copyright-protected and can't be shared. I deleted the attachment, but left the links to the articles, which are freely available in that format.

·
BT
68 Posts
It's all good, thanks for sharing. I asked the question because I knew that these articles were not free (obviously they are now). I have an online subscription which is pretty cheap.

i dont think it matters unless im making money off of it?
Without starting a whole big thing, this logic intrigues me. If you record a song and posted it online to sell in mp3 format is it okay for me to give it away to people as long as I don't make any money by doing so?

Like I said I'm not trying to start a whole big thing, but I believe as musicians if we can't be vigilant in doing the right thing then how can we get the rest of the world to.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all good, thanks for sharing. I asked the question because I knew that these articles were not free (obviously they are now). I have an online subscription which is pretty cheap.

Without starting a whole big thing, this logic intrigues me. If you record a song and posted it online to sell in mp3 format is it okay for me to give it away to people as long as I don't make any money by doing so?

Like I said I'm not trying to start a whole big thing, but I believe as musicians if we can't be vigilant in doing the right thing then how can we get the rest of the world to.
Sorry i havent been thinking straight lately.

·
BT
68 Posts
haha I know what you mean. Too many late nights?

I'm sorry I messed up your thread because these articles are pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts