Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, good (related) quote from another article:

I think obesity has more to do with an increasingly sedentary lifestyle couple with the nutrient void pseudo-food being pumped out by commercial agriculture corporations. A recent NPR article concerning the origin of chicken nuggets (now that they will be processed in China) illuminates this matter. The truth is, who cares, chicken nuggets are not food. This applies to soda and the unlimited list of other garbage that lines your grocery store aisles. As far as fast food goes, if it comes in a bag from a drive-through, it's probably not something you should be putting in your mouth.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
soda definitely causes a lot of health problems. that said I am addicted :lol: :(
Switch over to iced tea. It tastes better, is better for you, is WAY better for your teeth, and won't give you the 'beetus.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Soda is literally the devil when it comes to unhealthy weight gain. Not fucking worth it. Barring one or two occasions where it would be terribly rude to not accept it and a couple mixed drinks involving it (although I usually go diet on those) I haven't touched it in 20 months. I see people pounding back the 20 oz things, which is like 250 calories and think,

DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW FILLING 250 CALORIES OF CHICKEN IS BRO? 250 CALORIES IS LIKE A BOWL AND HALF OF OATMEAL WITH A PINCH OF SUGAR AND CINNAMON WHICH IS ALSO FILLING AS FUCK.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soda is literally the devil when it comes to unhealthy weight gain. Not fucking worth it. Barring one or two occasions where it would be terribly rude to not accept it and a couple mixed drinks involving it (although I usually go diet on those) I haven't touched it in 20 months. I see people pounding back the 20 oz things, which is like 250 calories and think,

DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW FILLING 250 CALORIES OF CHICKEN IS BRO? 250 CALORIES IS LIKE A BOWL AND HALF OF OATMEAL WITH A PINCH OF SUGAR AND CINNAMON WHICH IS ALSO FILLING AS FUCK.
Yep. Not that I'm in peak physical condition or anything, but fortunately I don't really have a sweet tooth. (I'm just old, and sit on my ass in front of a laptop all day.. And fucking love burritos..) There are some things that I'll indulge and have a pepsi with - pizza for one, and the gloriously terrible for you kind of Chinese take-out for another. I don't eat them very often, but when I do it's one of the few times I'll actually have a soda.

With whiskey, it's either rocks/ice or occasionally a splash of ginger ale. Fucking up a perfectly good glass of Jack Daniels with diet coke just isn't worth it. :drew:

A ton of the guys I work with just pound Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper all day. Like 8:30 in the morning while I'm having a coffee/tea, they'll already be 2-3 cans of soda into the day. It's fuckin' nasty.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I can't stand high fructose corn syrup sodas at all. They just don't taste good. Considering it's not convenient to get pure cane sugar sodas, I don't drink much soda. Coffee (no sugar) or water for me.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I don't really have a sweet tooth, so I've found that the main reason I like soda is the carbonation. I've tried to start drinking more carbonated waters to scratch my soda itch.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Box Smasher)

I haven't had a soda without booze in it for years. Always hated the way it made my teeth feel

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
ironically, I had some of those today for the first time in years. The only thing that made it good was the sugary barbecue sauce. Blech....

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I've been back and forth with soda for years. When I kick it, I usually start feeling better and losing weight without even doing anything else. The versions that use real sugar taste much better, and I'd probably let myself indulge in those a bit more often if they were easier to get, but we all know they don't want to make a habit of using any real ingredients.

Anything McDonald's is disgusting garbage. Did you guys see the microscopic pictures of the McNuggets?

McDonald's Chicken McNuggets found to contain mysterious fibers, hair-like structures; Natural News Forensic Food Lab posts research photos, video

I never really ate the nuggets, but if I had ever been inclined to, I'd never touch the damn things again. I mostly stay away from fast food and soda these days, but delicious ice cream still has a hold on me.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anything McDonald's is disgusting garbage. Did you guys see the microscopic pictures of the McNuggets?

A little (ok, a lot :lol:) overproduced and x-files style, but still pretty interesting.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Another black coffee drinker here.

Also, on that headline - it's a little misleading, I only scanned, but the gist was that mcnuggets COULD come from china now, not that they WOULD.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
A little (ok, a lot :lol:) overproduced and x-files style, but still pretty interesting.
Yeah, the original source I saw it from didn't have the video and was a bit more straightforward in the presentation of the pictures. :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I usually drink iced tea but on the rare occasion it's available, I might have a Coke Zero.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts