Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Saw this live during the E3 and it's going to fucking wreck faces :yesway: Nothing like seeing (or in this case, not-seeing) an army of assassin's fucking up your guards.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
1) Really wanted more info on Assassin's Creed 3, not necessarily a continuation of 2.
2) Though I love Renaissance Italy and Ezio is a great character
3) The AC II trailer and this trailer Chris posted are some of the best video game trailers ever made. Simply awesome.
4) Can't wait :agreed:

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Last week I visited venice. It was a lot of fun walking around the same places where I've been in the game, hehe. Got to say, some of those buildings is IMPOSSIBLE to climb IRL though :p

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Last week I visited venice. It was a lot of fun walking around the same places where I've been in the game, hehe. Got to say, some of those buildings is IMPOSSIBLE to climb IRL though :p
Buddy of mine brought back pictures from his trip to Italy and sure enough when I saw Venice, all I could think about was Ezio and running around the buildings; I then cursed him for the next three weeks while I was re-playing the game and trying to get 100% (currently at 95%)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Review for Xbox 360 - GameSpot

The Good
Huge, beautiful city stuffed with amazing details
Lairs and other platforming sequences are fantastic
Long, with lots of fun and varied activities
Economy is more meaningful than before
All sorts of improvements, big and small.

The Bad
Main story is disappointing
Assassin recruitment is contrived and ultimately meaningless
Glitches.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Fuck, more Subject 16 stuff? This means I have to buy it :(

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I need to hurry up and finish AC2!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just tossed it in, though I have work to do and need to turn it off after only about half an hour.

It picks up RIGHT where AC2 leaves off, and from what I can tell, you have all of your weapons/moves, and a good sum of money from the last game.

Same awesome Ezio voice actor, same basic controls, graphics look awesome, Villa got some cool upgrades. Cannot wait for tonight/the weekend to get into it more. So far though, :yesway:!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, Assassin's Creed: Ascendance is on XBL for basically $2. I don't know why there's a charge for it, but I guess it's a short animated movie to fill in any gaps between games.

What Is Assassin's Creed Ascendance?

Grabbin' it now, will post up how it is/if it's worth it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a couple hours in now.

Game is all sorts of awesome. Rome is gorgeous, game is huge, tons to do. :metal:

The viewpoint platforming is a bit harder than it was in the last two games, and I've only done one dungeon but holy shit, more seriously crazy platforming, fire, and all sorts of cool shit. To get 100% sync, there are a lot of timed events that are fuck-all-hard, so this may be a bitch to go 1000/1000 on.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I'm buying this soon. I didn't like Ezio at the beginning of AC2, but he just got more and more badass as the game went on until at the end of the game he was like the king of badasses. To think that this game has him starting out as that insane badass is just awesome.

While I'm more interested in Assassin's Creed III, this game looks pretty sweet and I'm planning on ordering it today or tomorrow. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll say Ezio is still badass, but you do have to buy weapons again. (I made that post before I got to the, uh, need-to-buy-weapons-part).

Awesome game. Rome is HUGE - if this was sold as AC3, I'd have been happy with it.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts