Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Already?

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Already?
ubisoft is dedicated to releasing an AC game every holiday now. Pure cash cow.

Plus this one completes the trilogy, even though it's the 4th game. It's a 4-ology, a quadrology, a trilogy+1ology, a penguin induced handful of raisins....you get my point I'm sure :cool:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Plus this one completes the trilogy, even though it's the 4th game. It's a 4-ology, a quadrology, a trilogy+1ology, a penguin induced handful of raisins....you get my point I'm sure :cool:
I'm totally fine with them whoring this series out like no tomorrow as long as the quality stays on par with the last two releases. Both kicked oodles of ass.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts

:confused: I thought "Assassin's Creed III" would complete the trilogy. How can they conclude the series with a game with no number. :scratch: It defies their system of numbered games introducing new characters in new time periods and locations (AC1 = Altair, 1200AD Israel, AC2 = Ezio, 1600 Italy) and the non-numbered games being about the characters introduced in the numbered games (such as Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines, Brotherhood, etc.).

I don't get how you think AC: Revelations will be the "fourth game" when there are already 7 Assassin's Creed games out. Revelations would be like the 8th game...

Nah, I don't think this will complete the trilogy...

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Craz how some fanchises have so many things released in a Short time. Saw for one I never understood Why there was more then the first two. :lol: and 8 AC games?? c'mon :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Naren said:

:confused: I thought "Assassin's Creed III" would complete the trilogy. How can they conclude the series with a game with no number. :scratch: It defies their system of numbered games introducing new characters in new time periods and locations (AC1 = Altair, 1200AD Israel, AC2 = Ezio, 1600 Italy) and the non-numbered games being about the characters introduced in the numbered games (such as Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines, Brotherhood, etc.).

I don't get how you think AC: Revelations will be the "fourth game" when there are already 7 Assassin's Creed games out. Revelations would be like the 8th game...

Nah, I don't think this will complete the trilogy...
The real trilogy. You play AC and then AC2 picks up right at the end, and then Brotherhood jumps in exactly where that ended. You could play them as one continuous game. Do the others add anything integral to the plot? No, since I've never played them and am not missing anything.

This series may suffer from too many expansions and adaptations, but the core 3 games so far are solid as hell and fairly consistent. If this is the final chapter that picks up where Brotherhood left off, it should be great. They don't need to do much tweaking of gameplay, features or graphics, just new plot developments.

And I doesn't need to be numbered, as I don't believe it will be introducing a new character. This should be focusing on Desmond and be the chapter he was preparing for with the other two stories within the story (Altairs and Ezios).

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The real trilogy. You play AC and then AC2 picks up right at the end, and then Brotherhood jumps in exactly where that ended. You could play them as one continuous game. Do the others add anything integral to the plot? No, since I've never played them and am not missing anything.

This series may suffer from too many expansions and adaptations, but the core 3 games so far are solid as hell and fairly consistent. If this is the final chapter that picks up where Brotherhood left off, it should be great. They don't need to do much tweaking of gameplay, features or graphics, just new plot developments.

And I doesn't need to be numbered, as I don't believe it will be introducing a new character. This should be focusing on Desmond and be the chapter he was preparing for with the other two stories within the story (Altairs and Ezios).
:agreed:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts

Since you did not play the other games, you do not know whether they added anything integral to the plot or not. ;) If you hadn't played Brotherhood, you wouldn't know that IT added anything integral to the plot either.

I'm pretty sure Revelations will NOT be the last AC game.

And the last game in the series DOES need to be numbered (hence why Revelations is most likely not the last AC game). ;)

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts

Brotherhood isn't meant to complete any part of the main story line IIRC, and the developers said for a while "This will NOT be ACIII but a separate game"

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Naren's right. It's Ezio again.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations concludes Ezio's story this November | Joystiq

Which is totally fine by me. :yesway:

Revelations promises answers (right there in the title, guys) within the game's cryptic, multi-generational plot -- spread out between three playable characters: A distinguished Ezio, who ventures to Constantinople amid the rise of the Ottoman Empire; 12th-century assassin Altair; and the descendant who ties them all together, Desmond.

The game is being led by Ubisoft Montreal, "with the support and expertise of Ubisoft studios Annecy, Massive Entertainment, Quebec, Singapore and Bucharest." The massive production will also mark the return of multiplayer (now with more everything), and the introduction of a new climbing hook.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Huge, and awesome, article on this in this month's Game Informer. Can not wait. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts