Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

YES! I forsee improvements in reception! Not that mine is that bad honestly, but he parts of town that are bad got great recePtion when Jess had tmobile, so huzzah

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
AT&T did this to improve their 3G/4G and mobile Broadband infrastructure since their current one is totally crap. I also forsee a better selection of phones across the board. :yesway:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
I foresee all of us Tmobile customers getting fucked royally once our contracts are up. I just signed a new 2 yr a month ago, so I should be able to keep my plan and pricing until 2013, at least. I'm not holding my breath for more than that....

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I'm really curious what's going to happen since I've been with Tmobile for 10 years now. If it sucks, I may just jump onto a family plan with the wife. Since she's had verizon for years now.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I foresee all of us Tmobile customers getting fucked royally once our contracts are up.
If AT&T is as big of an asshole as Verizon, expect to get fucked approximately one month after the switch. Verizon fucked me when they bought Alltel.

Damnit. Fuck fuck fuck.

So, how's Nextel's service?

:(

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Around you, Nextel may be ok. They were fine while I lived in Michigan and Chicago. No real complaints, though it's been nearly a decade so I can't comment on their "customer service," which is not a feature used by any modern telecom.

I'm afraid you may have to suck it up and get used to the shit. The rest of us are already swimming in it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Accept bullshit service? Fuck that :hungus:

:lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Kind of wish Sprint had figured out a merger plan with them, this doesnt seem like it will help competition...

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Kind of wish Sprint had figured out a merger plan with them, this doesnt seem like it will help competition...
Well, merger's are, in fact, the least likely thing to help competition :D

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I can't see any sane way, from an anti-trust perspective, that the FCC (or DOJ) allows this to happen. So, of course, it will. :(

And then there were three. How long until VerAttInt is our only cell provider?

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Well, merger's are, in fact, the least likely thing to help competition :D
Depends on whether the market is, in fact, too fragmented. The North American steel industry went through this in the 90s, when too many competitors were just undercutting each other on prices and failing to stand up to global competition on quality, delivery and capacity. By consolidating (A LOT) the market is much healthier in many respects.

It's not the same situation, but massive service and production markets like these traditionally are best served by a few large providers. I'm not sure how much various regulations/incentives screw with the "proper" number of providers we should expect, but we'll see the pendulum swing the other way if having a "Big 3" really isn't what we need.

My guess is that such a new upstart, or a foreign intrusion into the market (Virgin?), would likely be driven by the "service" word that we tend not to get from today's cellular providers. :(

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Depends on whether the market is, in fact, too fragmented. The North American steel industry went through this in the 90s, when too many competitors were just undercutting each other on prices and failing to stand up to global competition on quality, delivery and capacity. By consolidating (A LOT) the market is much healthier in many respects.

It's not the same situation, but massive service and production markets like these traditionally are best served by a few large providers. I'm not sure how much various regulations/incentives screw with the "proper" number of providers we should expect, but we'll see the pendulum swing the other way if having a "Big 3" really isn't what we need.

My guess is that such a new upstart, or a foreign intrusion into the market (Virgin?), would likely be driven by the "service" word that we tend not to get from today's cellular providers. :(
Yo, Soop - you forget that available bandwidth/licensing is finite. An upstart faces MASSIVE startup costs, and the uphill fight to be able to pry licensing out of the increasingly corporate-friendly FCC. I wouldn't be holding your breath for that. After all - to similarly mix business apples and oranges - the mighty Microsoft-destroying competitor hasn't appeared yet, has it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts