1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
:lol: I actually already knew this (although I admittedly haven't know it for very long :lol:) :fawk:.

I'll always call it football, regardless :)

Coupled with their team's humiliating exit from the World Cup it might be another rude awakening to the Brits...
"Britain" didn't have a team in the world cup. England did. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales didn't qualify, in fact some people from these countries weren't in support of England (and why should they be), in fact there were t-shirts printed saying "Anyone But England" on them :lol: So collectively "the Brits" couldn't give a fuck.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't get all rational on me, I'm trying to irritate Stitch. :D

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
"Britain" didn't have a team in the world cup. England did. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales blah blah blah why am I even bothering, most Americans don't give a fuck, they think soccer is gay, I'm just going to shut up now, fuckin' Drew.

Boobs.
:agreed:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Boobs, indeed.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
First of all, I don't give a shit. Second of all, it wasn't 'our' humiliating defeat from the World Cup, since Scotland didn't get in - just England. And England were the ones that lost. Thirdly, I don't give a shit, did I mention that?

:fawk:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
At least we didn't have newspaper headlines declaring we won against the USA 1-1. :lol:
Yeah but you have to take into account that the USA had a 0-0 head start.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I think my main problem with the term 'Soccer' is that it was coined by toffs from Oxford much in the same way they say 'Rugger'...

I think it was derived from shortening Association Football too, go figure, 'Soccer' comes from 'Football'. :shurg:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First of all, I don't give a shit. Second of all, it wasn't 'our' humiliating defeat from the World Cup, since Scotland didn't get in - just England. And England were the ones that lost. Thirdly, I don't give a shit, did I mention that?

:fawk:
Yeah, ol' Stitchy is upset. :D

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Only at the continued inability to separate Scotland from the rest of the UK by you.:fawk: Did you not notice how many posts I haven't made on football? The only thing I've posted was about the youtube vuvuzela button. :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Only at the continued inability to separate Scotland from the rest of the UK
I've bit my tongue about this for a long time. Especially when people talk about "The British Accent"...remember the that ONE accent in the UK, dude?

Yeah me neither. That's the only thing that gets my goat and rapes it.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Now that's not fair. I'm pretty sure all the Yanks don't mind me imagining them ALL talking like they are from Alabama. After all, it's one accent in the country, and they are all from the same country, therefore they must all have accents like that!

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I wouldn't mind if the accent they had invented sounded remotely like any accent in the UK...but it doesn't, it's somewhere between a Mike Meyers impression and received pronunciation.

·
badman
378 Posts
The American news media sure do love using The Sun newspaper to gauge the attitude of the 'British' people :lol: and yeah, some fundamental geography fail right there :fawk:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts