Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I can only speak for my experiences with the THD, but I'm a big fan of the thing. With Bright and Deep switches engaged, even -16db of attenuation is still pretty transparent, and with my Rectoverb it was the difference between an amp that was pretty toneful in safe bedroom jamming levels, and something thin and fizzy until it was WAY too loud for home use.

For the Roadster, I'm running it at -8db most of the time, and really if there's any real tonal change, I'm having a hard time hearing it. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
How are they 'bad' for your output transformers?
Leon's tech may disagree, but a properly designed one isn't. A transformer doesn't care where the load is coming from as long as it's there.

A poorly designed one? It's dangerous in that, well, evidently the Marshall Power Brakes have a bad habit of just dying, and if a attenuator is serving as a load and then suddenly that load isn't there anymore, bam, there goes the transformer. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I own a house, so i can be a friggin rock god at 3am if i want, but i would have trouble buying something to make my amp quieter. I paid for all that loud :lol:
Well, I hope you enjoyed having hearing. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.