Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You can use the MASS attenuator as a dummy load. Or, just run your amp right into the computer, and make sure you're videotaping :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) T-Mobile_Cleopatra)

Leon said:
You can use the MASS attenuator as a dummy load. Or, just run your amp right into the computer, and make sure you're videotaping :lol:
I actually did with my valveking for about five mins. Didnt hurt anything. I used the fx loop into the pc. I didnt do it long but it sounded crushing.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
FX loop in is fine, probably. All that is is a Preamp output... the issue there is the power transformer still isn't seeing a load, so you'd probably want to have your cab plugged in anyway.

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
You should install some heat displacement fins and a little fan in there.

And some LED's :lol:
The resistors have some fins on them, and that white stuff is for heat dissipation as well. If I used it more often and found it getting too hot, I would be concerned and probably install a fan.

LED's eh? That would be kinda fun...hmm...is there an LED that works entirely on heat so that it would get brighter as the unit gets hotter? Maybe a steam powered LED? Yeeaahh...that's what it needs....steam powered LED's! :nuts:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
:lol:

You could probably get a thermometer circuit and use a vumeter to create an LED view on the top :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.