Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you install the strat-style jack into your agile hornet? I have one I want to install in mine, but I can't seem to find the right way to go about it.

just enlarge the cavity with a dremel or something?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
How did you install the strat-style jack into your agile hornet? I have one I want to install in mine, but I can't seem to find the right way to go about it.

just enlarge the cavity with a dremel or something?
Exactly what I did, Enlarge the cavity with a dremel. Be very careful though, the dremel I used tried its best to slip and Did slip once which caused a nice little nick in the wing.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you've sold it already, right? If you haven't, and it wouldn't be too much trouble, what are the odds that you could snap a pic of the new hole?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I guess you've sold it already, right? If you haven't, and it wouldn't be too much trouble, what are the odds that you could snap a pic of the new hole?
Its gone. :( Sorry dude. It was pretty easy to do. Once you take out the old jack and plate and put the strat plate against it, you can pretty much see what you need to do to make it work.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah. I'm sure it will work out.

Funny thing is, I use a right-angle cable so it doesn't really affect me at all, but it just irks me so much when Vs have the jack located like that. If the Dean VMXT or whatever ($300 mustaine sig) can have it in the right place, it can't be too expensive. MUST CHANGE! EXPECT PICS!

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
ah. I'm sure it will work out.

Funny thing is, I use a right-angle cable so it doesn't really affect me at all, but it just irks me so much when Vs have the jack located like that. If the Dean VMXT or whatever ($300 mustaine sig) can have it in the right place, it can't be too expensive. MUST CHANGE! EXPECT PICS!
It irks me too. I would prefer upper wing strat jack, that is the best place on V's but strat jack on the lower wing works well too. My leg stopped hitting the jack after I installed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts