Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeezus...we get it! You don't prefer it. Move on already. :mad:

Some of the most revered guitars on this forum have been made with basswood. UVs, RG7s, EBMMs & many more. Somewhere within the last couple of months, this barrage of basswood hatred has hit & quite frankly (and I don't think I'm alone here), I'm tired of almost every thread getting inundated with the SAME PEOPLE spamming up the threads with basswood comments.

You don't like it & it's been dually noted. Great, grand, wonderful.....now shut it.

/rant

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:agreed:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I can't agree more with you Shannon. Certainly gets to me aswell. Don't like it, don't rant about it unless it's relevant, end of

EDIT: Dumbassness, posting from phone

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:ssharp: > :drew:

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
I can't say shit really, as much as I bitch, I guarantee I will try to get a Stealth JP7 ala Donbot, and most likely the maple boarded Ibanhad7 this year.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I don't get why people bitch about Basswood. when they could bitch about Agathis or something :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Duly noted.

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
This really did need to be said, and for me, it covers more than just basswood. Given the sheer diversity of this forum and even more so at ss.org, gear bashing can't be done without insulting someone else's preferences and it serves no real purpose.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Basswood is widely used in guitars from all price ranges because it works well. You'd only ever see it on cheap shitty guitars otherwise.

·
18,790 Posts
I tend to not bash basswood, so much as express my disappointment when there's a guitar that I really like the looks and specs of until I find out it's basswood. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with basswood, I've just found it doesn't work for the sound I'm personally going for. It definitely sounds great, it's just not for me. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts