Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Attn: Djent Kiddies and BassVI Lovers: Your axe du jour is here!

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Psyler 
#1 ·

Schecter C-VI (or C-6) Hellraiser.

30" scale, EMG-TWs. All the bling of the Hellraiser series. Looks pretty awesome actually, especially if you want to do the "tune skinny strings down to F" thing.

#8 ·
That low E is tricky on a VI-style instrument. Usually strung .095 to E, when a 34" scale bass typically uses the same gauge.

Honestly, these kind of sit between guitar and bass; not so much one or the other. However, it would make a killer axe for downtuning, and the splittable EMGs should actually sound pretty fantastic for deep, clean tones.

#12 ·
Based on what the Schecter can do as a six-string tuned down an octave, does that mean that the 30" scale Agiles (all sevens?) should be able to do the same? I can think of all sorts of uses for this kind of guitar, so I'm definitely intrigued, but I'd never use it in my band, making it hard to justify.

#19 ·
Heh, that looks cool. Schecter made a Hellcat VI that I fell in love a while back...long out of production now though.

Nothing, however, will ever trump an original 60's Fender Bass VI. Played one in London, and it was worth every penny of the £2,995 price tag. :lol:

#20 ·
The Hellcat VI is still in production, and was joined by the Ultra VI earlier this year.

With this forthcoming C-VI Hellraiser, Schecter now makes more Bass VI variants and options than Fender ever did; I think the only company that equals them is Rondo, who offers the Argus VI in two separate pickup combinations as well as a two-pickup VI in the Harm body style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.