Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little spam from my facebook page. However, you dudes might be interested. especially the seattle dudes that could just walk over to their shop and test this shit themselves.

(edit - i'm in no way affiliated with verellen amps other than i play their shit and dig it.)

Verellen Amplifiers has a kickstarter going to prepurchase their meatsmoke or skyhammer preamp pedals. The pedals have speaker sims out so you can go right to the board for recording if you want. I've got mine, do you have yours? If not, you're missing out on not only the best god damn preamp you're ever going to buy but you're missing out on a chance to support small builders and awesome dudes. Get in on it.

VERELLEN AMPLIFIERS TUBE PREAMPLIFIER PEDALS by Ben Verellen - Kickstarter

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
While both amps sound impressive, jesus fucking christ 'Meatsmoke' is the gayest name I've heard in a long time :lol:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
While both amps sound impressive, jesus fucking christ 'Meatsmoke' is the gayest name I've heard in a long time :lol:
Or it's a fucking epic name because either

A) It's smoking from friction

or

B) You just whipped up some tasty barbecue

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
It's absolutely not in the budget, but I'd love to grab a Meatsmoke as a bass preamp. :yesway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'd love to hear a guitar through the Meatsmoke. I found the Skyhammer to be a little too fuzzy and thrashy for my tastes.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
If I was going to play bass in a grindcore or deathgrind band, I'd be all over the meatsmoke.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

Both guitars and bass are meat smoke here
Wow. I actually liked the guitar tone much more than the bass tone there. Despite their other amp being called the Skyhammer, I couldn't think of a better rig for sludgy, Grand Mags style viking metal.

That's the head, not the preamp, right?

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I believe giant squid recorded the guitars on their new CD with the meatsmoke if anybody wants to hear it in a cd mix.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow. I actually liked the guitar tone much more than the bass tone there. Despite their other amp being called the Skyhammer, I couldn't think of a better rig for sludgy, Grand Mags style viking metal.

That's the head, not the preamp, right?
yeah, you can get great sludge tones from it or pissed off marshall sounds. the bass tone has the distorted channel on with a verellen big spider on it as well so it's nearly a synth style tone rather than a traditional bass tone. i really love that amp.

also, yes, it's the head rather than the pedal as the pedals aren't available yet.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Not really a fan of the bass tone... too buzzy for me. But the guitars sound great.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
After hearing the Skyhammer clip I feel compelled to head to their shop and play a bunch of old Celtic Frost on it. :metal: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts