Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The colour is a little ugly, but i seem to remember seeing a lot of those in the ads, so i don't find it TOO offensive. Sure is pretty, though. I always wanted one of those, but one of the non-Edge hollow ones. (Which i think came first, and the Edge/solid ones came later as the originals weren't selling extremely well and were expensive to produce.)

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Christ on a cracker! I only saw it 3 minutes before the auction ended! Stop reading my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind!!!!!!!!

By the way, thanks for the looking out, Chris (even thought I didn't see it). I appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
It'd be really sweet if it it were one of the hollow ones. Either way, awesome score. Probably the coolest guitar ibanez did in the 80s.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Congrats dude,
Now send me the 580B:yesway:
You mean this one I just fixed up with the original pickguard and DiMazrio Air Classics?

It'd be really sweet if it it were one of the hollow ones. Either way, awesome score. Probably the coolest guitar ibanez did in the 80s.
You mean like this one I picked up a few months ago?

Hey, if I can snag these classics at a cheap price, I won't complain. They're a lot better made than the crap Ibanez is churning out today at mid level.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
The colour is a little ugly, but i seem to remember seeing a lot of those in the ads, so i don't find it TOO offensive. Sure is pretty, though. I always wanted one of those, but one of the non-Edge hollow ones. (Which i think came first, and the Edge/solid ones came later as the originals weren't selling extremely well and were expensive to produce.)
Forgot to answer this one for darren. The MX-2 that I just got actually came first because Ibanez America didn't have the capacity machine-wise to make the hollowed-out version. The MX-3 with the chambers came out the following year. Then, not available in North America, came this frickin' 29 fret beast, the MX-5.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Got my PL2660 Jackson Rhoads ripoff. $450. Gonna slap some EMG's in there. Yes, it has one already but it wasn't part of the deal and will ship sans bridge humbucker.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Jesus Jack, are you trying to collect every model of late 80's/early 90's Ibanez? :lol:

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Jesus Jack, are you trying to collect every model of late 80's/early 90's Ibanez? :lol:
:yeaaah:

No, not really. I've just been on an 80's Ibby kick and this PL2660 is the end of my wishlist, unless I find THIS ->

Daddy needs a H-H Axstar to go with his SSH version. :D

But yeah, I'm done for the most part. Just waiting on my 540PSH body getting painted and the 540PIIHH natural finish mahogany body to be cleared and get the ebony board reverse headstock neck in now. I did get a lot of these on the cheap (a benefit of the poor economy, I guess) and did let a few of my guitars go so it's all balanced out...for the most part...kinda :squint:

EDIT: Well, I'll be darned. I was unaware the PL2660's had ebony fretboards. Extra little slice of win.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
:yeaaah:

No, not really. I've just been on an 80's Ibby kick and this PL2660 is the end of my wishlist, unless I find THIS ->

Daddy needs a H-H Axstar to go with his SSH version. :D

But yeah, I'm done for the most part. Just waiting on my 540PSH body getting painted and the 540PIIHH natural finish mahogany body to be cleared and get the ebony board reverse headstock neck in now. I did get a lot of these on the cheap (a benefit of the poor economy, I guess) and did let a few of my guitars go so it's all balanced out...for the most part...kinda :squint:

EDIT: Well, I'll be darned. I was unaware the PL2660's had ebony fretboards. Extra little slice of win.
How many fuckin' guitars do you have now? :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts