Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might want to wait on getting an RH450...

TC Electronic | RH750

They actually did some great tweaks and listened to feedback here.
-The hard-limited and much-maligned low pass filter at 6000Hz in the 450 is now adjustable via the "Tweetertone" knob so you can get your high end back.
-The compressor is adjustable from the front of the amp via its own dedicated control now.
-Same size, weight, and price (!) as the current RH450, except it's 750W RMS and 1200W 'peak' (whatever 'peak' means.)

If only they'd step away from those freaking fragile plastic pots and pot shafts :(

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
:eek: :drool:

Thanks for the heads up. 750w eh... Time to tell my drummer to stuff his puny drums :evil:

Also: :woot: my first ATTN thread! :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And if the old 450 is enough, well, you can imagine that the price on the 450s will drop, and a lot will jump into the used market if people decide to upgrade to the latest and greatest :D

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
bah, more is.. well more. there seems to be a master on there, I could turn it down a bit.
My drummer could do with some metronome practice, he's relying on me to keep time:noplease: and he's telling me all the time he can't hear me. I think those days are over :D

Edit: built in DI and AES/EBU with SPDIF compatabililty? :yesway:
you can choose if it's pre or post preamp too!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wish they'd put some handles or guards for those knobs. If they're going to be using plastic pot shafts, the least they could do is make it harder for them to hit the ground if the thing takes a dive or bumps into a wall in transit.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Yeah, I agree, but I'd most likely put in a rack. They have a rack adapter for it.

I wonder what they mean when they say 1200w peak...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the point of racking a 9 lb head in a 20lb rack? What else would you need to go with it? It has a tuner, built in distortion, a *really* nice compressor, and three footswitchable presets :lol:

And, it's good for 110/120V, or 220/240V, so it's US/EU capable.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
more like a rackbag or something with a shoulder strap. wouldn't add much to the weight and protect the knobs.

·
Temporary Autonomous Zone
582 Posts
Someone that sells TC stuff on talkbass posted "$999 will be the street price for the RH750. RH450 will drop in price (can't remember what, but I'm thinking $700-800)."

Awsome. I was trying to decide between a TC rig vs. Phil Jones...I think TC just won.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd go TC over PJ myself, but I haven't been impressed with much PJ stuff.

The real competition for me is between the Aguilar Tone Hammer, TC RH750, or Genz Benz Streamliner.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
more like a rackbag or something with a shoulder strap. wouldn't add much to the weight and protect the knobs.
:idea:

I've got a 2sp Gator rack-bag that I'm not using...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1 - 14 of 14 Posts