Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for making tons of hardware with no power switch. It's really awesome. I love unplugging all of my shit at the end of a recording session.

PS: Eat shit.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I guess it doesn't bother me as much since my Firestudio Mobile doesn't get used frequently and is right next to my keyboard, but one would think that a power switch would be a pretty common sense feature.

Edit: So whachya recordin'?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it doesn't bother me as much since my Firestudio Mobile doesn't get used frequently and is right next to my keyboard, but one would think that a power switch would be a pretty common sense feature.

Edit: So whachya recordin'?
I'm using my FS Mobile for my condensers so that I can set/forget it, since it's two in, and I have a pair of X-Y SDCs. I'm also using a Bluetube that Drewbie gave me (well, for a six pack, a 2101 and um, a patch bay?) to warm 'em all up. So two things that I have to unfuckingplug. :lol: I really need another power distribution unit, but I want to get one with soft-on so that my monitors don't snap when I turn them on.

I'm actually just dialing in tones with the AFX direct, with some DKFH beats that are the same tempo as the shit I've had written for my album since like 2005. :lol: It's fun as all fuckin' hell, and the Uberschall model is giving me serious wood right now.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
The Uberschall model has pretty much been my favorite since the rework a few firmware versions ago. :yesway:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
my Firestudio Project has one, its just on the back, but it turns off when i turn off the attached power strip

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Chris, just buy a powerstrip with a built in powerswitch and plug all the Presonus stuff into that, then you only have one switch to flick to boot :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, just buy a powerstrip with a built in powerswitch and plug all the Presonus stuff into that, then you only have one switch to flick to boot :yesway:
Yup. I said that earlier - I need to pick up something with soft-on, so that I can use my monitors with it. A power strip won't do, big ol' monitor snaps with one.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol: Soft start is probably the right term. Josh 1.0 had one for his, and it was ace. It gradually increases the output voltage to keep the current within a reasonable range.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
:lol: Soft start is probably the right term. Josh 1.0 had one for his, and it was ace. It gradually increases the output voltage to keep the current within a reasonable range.
A power conditioner would probably do that for you

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree about the annoyance of gear with no power switches :noway:

Something like this would help with the switch issue, though I don't think it'd give you the "soft-on" you're after for your monitors.

Carvin.com :: AC120S

1 - 20 of 25 Posts