Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im seriously considering getting one of their contemporary 2x12 cabs for my engl fireball. Does anybody here have any experience with them? Also they give you the option of having the input jack wired mono or stereo, is there any benefit to going the stereo route? Currently i just have the amp head. Im just tryin to buy the essentials right now, so is there anything else you guys would recommend I get for my rig? Sorry for the noob questions, this'll my first tube amp rig.:D
Thanks,

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I have a 2x12 (I think it's a contemporary as well) and it rules. Not quite sure about the specs besides the standard stuff like wheat grill with black tolex and loaded with V30's but I CAN tell you it sounds killer and is well-built; if that helps at all.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Unless you have any plans for a rack setup a mono cab will be fine. My Marshall cab runs mono or stereo and apart form one occasion when I ran it half 5150 and half Uberschall (for fun, not necessity) I've never ever used its stereo functionality.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2x12 (I think it's a contemporary as well) and it rules. Not quite sure about the specs besides the standard stuff like wheat grill with black tolex and loaded with V30's but I CAN tell you it sounds killer and is well-built; if that helps at all.
Yep, sturdy and sounds killer, that definatly helps.:) Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you have any plans for a rack setup a mono cab will be fine. My Marshall cab runs mono or stereo and apart form one occasion when I ran it half 5150 and half Uberschall (for fun, not necessity) I've never ever used its stereo functionality.
Yeah, I doubt ill have a rack setup or another amp head any time soon, so mono it is. Thanks man.:)

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Never heard anything bad about them. A good friend of mine had one of their 2X12's as his main cab for ages. Sounded great.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Yeah, I doubt ill have a rack setup or another amp head any time soon, so mono it is. Thanks man.:)
Yeah you'll probably want to go mono. For me, I've had an Avatar 2x12 for years and since I'm a rack guy, I had it wired stereo. That probably kills the resale value, but I doubt I'm ever selling it.

I've run it by itself before at gigs and rehearsals. It was enough power at gigs because the cab is miked, but I've never been a fan of 2x12s when playing with a drummer, I just feel like I'm pushing the speakers too hard to get that kind of volume.

I did run it for awhile along with my Mesa 4x12 cab, and it performed very well. The Avatar cab was brighter with less bass than the Mesa cab, otherwise they are sonically comparable, especially since they use the same speakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts