Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Avenged Sevenfold Drummer Found Dead | undercover.com.au, Music, News, Entertainment

by Paul Cashmere - December 29 2009

James Owen Sullivan of Avenged Sevenfold was found dead at his Huntington Beach home on Monday. Little is known about the death of Sullivan aka 'The Rev' at this stage.

Orange County Police have mounted an investigation into the cause of death but that this stage they are not reporting any suspicious circumstances. Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999. The Rev was also moonlighting in his side-project Pinkly Smooth.

He is married to Leana MacFadden aka Leana Silver.

James 'The Rev' Sullivan was born on February 10, 1981. He was 28-years old.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Whoa, that was unexpected. Has to be drugs.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
:(

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/30.0.011; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

:( I feel really sorry for the rest of the band and his family. They're such a great band and were a real inspiration for me in the early years to pick up a guitar.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Poser metal, really? I will take there metal over most of the crap I hear these days, at least they can sing and musically put alot of bands to shame....

your asking for it!! :lol:

that sucks, i feel for him and his family. the only bright side is that i wont have to hear the poser metal that avenged sevenfold put out for a little longer.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Poser metal, really? I will take there metal over most of the crap I hear these days, at least they can sing and musically put alot of bands to shame....
:agreed:

There's so much worse 'radio metal' bands out there today. I'll take A7X over Nickelback anyday.

Back on topic: I really loved his drumming on "Almost Easy" :(

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/30.0.011; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

That thing he done with the twin bells on his ride cymbals was epic. He was underrated

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.