·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: Mr. S

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
That looks pretty frickin' awesome. I always thought Cap's shield was essentially indestructible (kinda like Wolverine's adamantium). I wonder how it gets torn in half.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Only vibranium can destroy vibranium, which if memory serves correctly - Ultron is (or at least partly) so he'd be capable of doing so. I'm curious as to whether or not that'll be a tie-in/name drop for Wutata which is the home of Black Panther and the source of vibranium.

I'm super stoked for this one, far moreso than I was for Avengers. I'm just hoping it doesn't do the traditional Joss Whedon formula and waste our time with just special effects and no story. My only complaint besides that is those Ultron eyes at the end, it humanizes him too much, give him the solid red Spider-man/Iron Man eyes. Spader however, is killing it as the man behind Ultron.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Interesting that nobody seems to know what Andy Serkis' role is expected to be. And according to IMDB, they have Lou Ferrigno voicing the Hulk!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

MFB said:
Only vibranium can destroy vibranium, which if memory serves correctly - Ultron is (or at least partly) so he'd be capable of doing so. I'm curious as to whether or not that'll be a tie-in/name drop for Wutata which is the home of Black Panther and the source of vibranium.

I'm super stoked for this one, far moreso than I was for Avengers. I'm just hoping it doesn't do the traditional Joss Whedon formula and waste our time with just special effects and no story. My only complaint besides that is those Ultron eyes at the end, it humanizes him too much, give him the solid red Spider-man/Iron Man eyes. Spader however, is killing it as the man behind Ultron.
Well apparently they announced the movies for the next 6 years and amongst them is a black panther movie so you are correct in your assumptions.

Also the next captain America is supposedly Civil War. There is so damn much to look forward to.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

darren said:
Interesting that nobody seems to know what Andy Serkis' role is expected to be. And according to IMDB, they have Lou Ferrigno voicing the Hulk!
Lou Ferrigno is ALWAYS hulk. Has been in almost every animated series and in every film.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I looked it up and it seems we were both close.

According to wikipedia, Ultron's outer shell is made of adamantium. The vibranium that was used to make Cap's shield was actually an alloy made from vibranium and iron. Adamantium was invented in the Marvel universe much later (while vibranium is a naturally occurring element that came to Earth via meteor, adamantium was man-made). Adamantium is similar to the substance that Cap's shield was made from, but instead of being vibranium and iron, it was vibranium and steel.

And the explanation to my original question is that adamantium is the only thing that can destroy adamantium and likewise for vibranium.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts

Well apparently they announced the movies for the next 6 years and amongst them is a black panther movie so you are correct in your assumptions.

Also the next captain America is supposedly Civil War. There is so damn much to look forward to.
Whoops, I should've said it as "now that Black Panther was announced [...]" but it didn't come out that way.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Huh, I've never read any of Cap's stuff since he - much like Superman - is a big boy-scout, but I know enough of his backstory to read stuff he's involved with. Most of what I see from that list makes sense since the Beyonder is a Marvelverse powerhouse, and so is Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, so it'd be weird if they couldn't break it honestly.

The rest, like Serpent from F.I. (which was kind of a waste to read) or Molecular Man don't add anything to the story however

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Interesting. And they refer to Cap's shield as made from a "vibranium/adamantium alloy" even though adamantium hadn't been invented yet at the time Cap's shield was first made.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time Marvel (or DC) has worked with retroactive continuity (or just plain ignored or contradicted what they'd said in the past).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts