Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go!

My top candidate always seems to be Annihilator. Jeff Waters is so damn good. Seriously sick music, but man, they pick the most mediocore singers with god awful lyrics. It's this great band, with tons of groove, tight riffs, killer solo & then....that f'n singer. It's the weak link that sticks out & you just say "Ugh, why that guy?!?!?!"

As I'm listening to "Never, Neverland," I crack up because of how bad the lyrics are.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
anything By Yngwie J Malmsteen

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Based on the way that cover is being cropped by YouTube, it really looks like Yngwie released an album called "Kissing Force."

I want to live in that alternate universe, I think.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Personally, I like dorky lyrics about dragons and shit WAY more than pretentious/whiny crap about feelings and shit. That's why I listen to metal.

Motley Crue rules, and 90% of their songs are about sluts. You can never go wrong penning an ode to strippers.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
don't get me wrong... I love it.... but uhhh.... its pretty cheesy suff lol
You are a loooo-ooooserrr! And it's such a shaaa-aaaame! That you're a fooooooo-oool and you don't KNOOOOOOoooooooooooooowwwww!!
:lol:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
hahaha!

ok ok... that is good stuff.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Personally, I like dorky lyrics about dragons and shit WAY more than pretentious/whiny crap about feelings and shit. That's why I listen to metal.

Motley Crue rules, and 90% of their songs are about sluts. You can never go wrong penning an ode to strippers.
Shir and shit? Shit. All lyrics are dorky when it comes down to it. I mean really you're an ape on a rock, you don't know anything, play your stick with strings. :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Go!

My top candidate always seems to be Annihilator. Jeff Waters is so damn good. Seriously sick music, but man, they pick the most mediocore singers with god awful lyrics. It's this great band, with tons of groove, tight riffs, killer solo & then....that f'n singer. It's the weak link that sticks out & you just say "Ugh, why that guy?!?!?!"

As I'm listening to "Never, Neverland," I crack up because of how bad the lyrics are.
Dude, I came here to name Annihilator and the very first post was Annihilator.

The riffs, solos, and so on were great on "Metal" (2007), for example, but the vocals and lyrics were abysmal. The only song I thought had good vocals was "Couple Suicide," which apparently did not have Dave Padden singing on it, but had two or three guest vocalists handling the vocals. :lol:

But pretty much every Annihilator album has bad vocals and bad lyrics.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dream Theater ?
I would have agreed ages ago, but LaBrie's solo albums kick ass and modern DT is a boring widdlefest, so I think we're backwards.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
I would have agreed ages ago, but LaBrie's solo albums kick ass and modern DT is a boring widdlefest, so I think we're backwards.
For the longest time I couldn't stand his voice but as I got older I eventually reached a point where I could say he's bearable. I've always wondered how would DT sound if they had someone more powerful doing vocals, like Russell Allen of Symphony X or Matt Barlow of Iced Earth.

And I dig his solo albums too but that's not due to the vocals.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts