Reactions: Cassidy and Joshua

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
We are nothing

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
There's definitely no life supporting planets or intelligent life in the universe. Definitely.
You beat me to it.

One of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes quotes: The surest sign there's intelligent life out there is the fact that it hasn't bothered to make contact with us!

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
hahaha!

its funny how people say " well if there is more advanced life than us how come they haven't come to help us "?

same reason when i drive by the ghetto, i don't stop to help them fix their issues....

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
denying the existence of life elsewhere in the universe is the most egocentric thing ever
Egotist is exactly what I'd label someone who thinks they have it all figured out, and that a being with limitless power picked them over not just other members of their own species, but literally every other living species. You really can't get more arrogant than that; you'd think that believing in an omnipotent creator would instill a huge dose humility. Thankfully, they're the minority, but they certainly seem to get a bigger say.

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
Egotist is exactly what I'd label someone who thinks they have it all figured out, and that a being with limitless power picked them over not just other members of their own species, but literally every other living species. You really can't get more arrogant than that; you'd think that believing in an omnipotent creator would instill a huge dose humility. Thankfully, they're the minority, but they certainly seem to get a bigger say.
It's worse than that. This omnipotent universe creator cares more about whether or not they make the stop light, have a good BM and which sporting team wins than starving kids, regrowing lost limbs, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts