Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
CATFISH
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
while i was done with halftime core... like, in 1999.... there are still some that put a potentially interesting interpretation out there... (even if it's just taking halftime core and turning it into quartertime zelda core.....) then fuck it all up with the an absolutely zero-talent roar core vocal....
uh, what is a core?

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
For some reason I could never really get into Danza. I guess I prefer chord melodies and such instead of the extreme music competition.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Not only that but it's deliberately dissonant and jarring. Lots of counterpoint and dischordant pieces that aren't too friendly on the senses. Actually, exactly why I love it. :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Also, big ups to Josh for essentially doing a job that'd be heavy fucking lifting even for two dudes, muchless one.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I see. I guess I haven't actually given them a fair chance and really analyzed the music, I just gave up on most songs halfway through. Perhaps I will have to give a whole album a listen, no guarantees that I will like it though.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
The third album is a little more coherent than the two previous but they're definitely an acquired taste, regardless.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Also, big ups to Josh for essentially doing a job that'd be heavy fucking lifting even for two dudes, muchless one.
Really? I'm the biggest Danza whore on here probably, but I do not like the new album as much as Danza II. Every song is just chun chun tappity tappity tappity chun tappity and it's a bit bland.

I Am Sammy Jenkis is a great song, but Meshuggah called - they want the main riff from "Spasm" back. :lol:

Still a great album, but not as inspired or as tech as The Electric Boogaloo.

"Rollin' and tumblin on Satan's rotisserie!"

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
I didn't like electric boogaloo too much. Two much random bs between songs and not enough face melting. I'd comment on the music, but all I remember from that album is some shit about a a short ******* in a bar.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

I love these guys, I don't really think theyre an anquired taste though, I'd call gorguts an aquired taste :lol:

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
The third album is a little more coherent than the two previous but they're definitely an acquired taste, regardless.
:lol: They seem like cool guys, and I like what they're trying to do and all... detuned version of Dillinger or whatever, but like someone said to one of their "in the studio" vids:

"Awesome, I can't wait until these guys write a song, it's gonna rule!!!" :rofl:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Forgetting Stitches knock earlier :)squint:), I think I Am Sammy Jankis is probably what a DANZA "song" sounds like. The part work is actually laid out pretty cleanly and the song has a little more structure to it. I actually thought DANZA III had a few songs on it like that. versus Boogaloo which was... well, it was sorta hard for me to put get a grip on at first.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Forgetting Stitches knock earlier :)squint:), I think I Am Sammy Jankis is probably what a DANZA "song" sounds like. The part work is actually laid out pretty cleanly and the song has a little more structure to it. I actually thought DANZA III had a few songs on it like that. versus Boogaloo which was... well, it was sorta hard for me to put get a grip on at first.
Structure is irrelevant. This sort of music doesn't have choruses, so why do you need recurring verse/chorus structure?

The Electric Boogaloo was less a concept album, more just a collection of some kickass songs a relatively young band and thrown together. The ******* stuff was just a cool way to make it stand out, and funny as hell.

Songs like "Carroll 14 Wossman 7" are ridiculously tech, beautifully crafted. Sure the structure is a bit odd but it loses nothing for that. I don't see anyone knocking Between the Buried and Me for not having 'structure'. "Ad A Dglgmut" and "Mordecai" and "Selkies: The Endless Obsession" don't have a recurring structure but people still love those songs. Or is it because they have nice singy bits? :nuts:

Edit: Someone's deleted "Layne's Hand Job". :(

Anyway:

Almost identical. :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
And no, "I Am Sammy Jankis" is not what a typical Danza song sounds like. It's what all the other songs off Danza III sound like. Stuff before then had completely different members, two (different) guitarists, and a different playing style. Josh came in, dropped the tuning to an eight string and unleashed tappity tappity.

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying that the new album is a "big" departure from Danza II if you were a big fan of them.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I was just referring to it for the sake of people who claim they don't like them because their songs lack structure or they just sound like a mess. These days, my favorite tune by Danza is probably Carrol -- Wossman.

Fuck, I listen to Portal for christ sake. I'm not bothered by abstract. These are simply recommendations for people who are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts