Metal Guitarist Forums banner

AXE FX artist discount?

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Samer 
#1 ·
I was reading there is some kind of artist discount available when buying an AXE FX. Does anyone know if this is only for bigger acts, or does this apply to people in smaller bands like me who gig out a lot?

Tried a google search with no luck

Thanks guys

#2 ·
The guys I've talked to never mentioned one. Of course, they could have received it but didn't tell me. :shrug:

#3 ·
in general it's going to be like any other company. How often do you gig? it's gonna have to be a lot and in front of a good amount of people to get the product name out there. You're going to have to have records out that you're touring to support etc. The only way you'll know for sure is to email fractal and find out what kind of press kit they require from you.

#4 ·
Alright thanks for the heads up, i don't really gig that much (20 > times a year, maybe more next year)

Ill have to send them an email, i didn't think it was an endorsement, but more of a player discount? Damn :*( getting my hope up.

#6 ·
Well, all of their potential customers are players, and most are in bands, signed or independent. ;)

I'd be surprised if they're offering much (if anything) in the way of discounts, being a small company. They seem to make up for it in support... Cliff has worked directly with a lot of the bigger artists to get their amps and effects programmed into the Axe.

#11 ·
I purchased my Axe Fx Ultra yesterday and on one of the pages as I was going through the ordering process they asked for any special offer codes which I found intersting because I hadn't heard of any. I thought that maybe that area was for artists or endorsers.

#13 ·
Back in the day the ordering system was based on waiting in line for your email and they would send you a discount code when your order was finally built. I think they have since done away with that as they are now readily available and have much more marketshare than previously so maybe they just forgot to remove that code from the site. I tried using my old discount code on the site and it didn't work anymore so I'm thinking they did away with that system and just forgot to take it down.

#15 ·
Yup the "list" price used to be $400 higher and when your number came up on the waiting list you got a $400 discount coupon and a one day window to order. I'd imagine the coupon offer was left in the shopping cart system because it would be extra work to take it out and because they could use it in the future to do sales or promo offers :2c:

Alright so i am about to pull the trigger, one last question; does the axe-fx have a built in harmonizer (could not find info on the website)?

And if so, can you harmonize in "key"?
Direct link to harmonizer info in the manual:

Axe-Fx Wiki Manual - Axe-Fx Wiki

And the standard vs Ultra feature comparison chart:

Feature comparison - Axe-Fx Wiki

#12 ·
:lol: An Axe-FX artist discount would be hilarious since no one except artists are going to even consider buying a piece of gear at $2000 or more. That would be a discount for everyone.

I had also heard that famous people like Steve Vai and John Petrucci had to play the same price as everyone else when they got theirs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.