Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Dirty tones: I liked #2 the least. The tone had a raspy, nasal quality to it that i thought sounded awful. #1 was a little thinner and two dimensional sounding. #3 was my favourite and was really ballsy and open sounding, but it also seemed to be recorded a bit hotter than the other two.

Clean tones: Less drastic variation between the three. #1 had a nice natural, "stringy" sound to it. #2 was nice and neutral and clear. #3 was almost a little too deep and warm in comparison, but that's easy enough to fix.

#3 sounded like the winner to my ears.

·
18,790 Posts
I suspect that #3 is going to be BIAS, and they were trying to sway people intentionally by tweaking it better than the others and tracking it louder. Just a hunch. I could be wrong. Either way, I've heard great tones from all 3, and from HD500s, and from Amplitube 3, and from actual amps. At this point it's not what you use (as long as you're not using garbage), it's how you use it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
None of those tones are hard to dial in on anything. :lol:
No, they're not. Still interesting though. I'm of the opinion that BIAS sits somewhere between the POD HD stuff and a Kemper or Axe. Still not as good as the high end stuff, and certainly not as flexible with I/O, but for what it is, pretty impressive.

Definitely sounds better than a POD HD to me.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
It does? Have you played a Pod HD? It can do any of those tones all day long. Shit, I can do that with my Zoom 9002.
I'm not referring to those particular tones in the OP. I'm saying in general, BIAS sounds quite a bit better than a POD HD. And yeah, I've played a POD HD. I've had one for almost three years. :)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Everything sounds better than a Pod HD because the Pod HD has absolutely horrible impulses.

ARE YOU LISTENING, LINE 6? THE POD HD IMPULSES. THEY SUCK BALLS. BAAAAALLLLLLSSSSS! :scream:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Everything sounds better than a Pod HD because the Pod HD has absolutely horrible impulses.

ARE YOU LISTENING, LINE 6? THE POD HD IMPULSES. THEY SUCK BALLS. BAAAAALLLLLLSSSSS! :scream:
Yup, they sure do. Which is why, in my humble opinion, BIAS sounds better. Whatever the heck they're using for cabinet impulses sounds better, and the amp models themselves are more usable.

With the POD HD, I found that maybe three or four models were good, the rest meh.

With BIAS, the JCM800 actually sounds good, as do the Orange models, and it actually has a 5150 model, which the POD HD doesn't.

It just seems Positive Grid actually gives a shit about developing a good sounding product instead of just repackaging the same shit over and over again.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.