Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, got Axe, Got poweramp, got rack coming... need cab.

Suggestions for good FRFR cab? have been looking at FBT Verve 12m or the atomics but totally open to suggestions.

I play more doom style stuff so it needs to be melodic more than harsh sounding.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
They're also the only thing that looks like fucking guitar gear. :yesway: And for the record, they are a very black sparkle, not very sparkly at all in fact, so I have no problem rocking them for metal.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
ATOMIC WEDGIE!

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, it was four whole threads down from yours. C'mon, man.

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-gear-discussion/25228-ncd-56k-safe.html

Anyway, if one is not loud enough for me, I will get a second to make a boner-inducing mini-stack. If one is loud enough, I'll have what he's having.
yeah I am kinda a lazy bum. Hrmm... it sounds like some people really like the atomics, and some don't. Maybe it all comes down to the power amp. The atomics are MUCH cheaper than the other competition I was looking at...

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depends on the application. Wedge will make a stand less likely to be needed. It will project the sound up towards your ears, thus making it "brighter"
needs to act as stage monitor, home practice speakers, and something to aim at audience for small gigs or band practice.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
needs to act as stage monitor, home practice speakers, and something to aim at audience for small gigs or band practice.
I'd get the standard cab and a stand, so you can angle it if you need to, but still have the option of running it vertically or horizontally like a standard cab.

Matter of fact, if you need to aim it at the audience for a small gig, putting it on it's side is best as you get the best horizontal sound dispersion that way, and it also keeps a speaker nearer your head level so you can hear better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.