Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
That sucks. :(

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
Additionally, a 410 Gone error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

And it hasn't been uploaded to the Axe-FX wiki yet either. :(

·
Registered
300 Posts
Man, the reworked Uber is amazing! Huge balls. Kinda like a tighter Recto with a bigger midrange. It might just become my favourite high-gain amp. Haven't yet played much with the 5 new amps. The presence control works a lot better now, too.

Also, Redwire released their bass cab impulses this week. Life is good. :agreed:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Man, the reworked Uber is amazing! Huge balls. Kinda like a tighter Recto with a bigger midrange. It might just become my favourite high-gain amp. Haven't yet played much with the 5 new amps. The presence control works a lot better now, too.

Also, Redwire released their bass cab impulses this week. Life is good. :agreed:
I loaded the new firmware and the reworked Uber is a lot better than the old Uber, but the Bogner Shiva (Lead channel) is what really caught my attention. That new amp model sounds excellent. :yesway:

I still think the Recto New and Das Metall are the two best high-gain amp models in there, although all of them sound awesome.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Updating firmware now. I doubt I'll see that much of a difference, just using it for effects :lol: Maybe I'll like the reworked amp models enough to ditch my pre-amp, but I doubt it :lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cliff Chase on the Fractal forums said:
Many of the amp models were updated for this firmware. The Fender models among them. I didn't list them all in the release notes, only those that had "major" updates, i.e. Uber.

I'd say more than half of the amp models were tweaked for 10.0.
I thought my Fender patch sounded a bit different. Glad to see I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
That's pretty common when he releases a major update like this. There's always little bugs he has to work out.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
That's pretty common when he releases a major update like this. There's always little bugs he has to work out.
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that 10.0 wasn't officially released. Some of the forum members just know where Cliff stores this stuff. :lol: It probably wasn't quite ready for release yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I just updated my Axe-FX and am loving 10.01. I know I had previously been a bit down on recording the Axe-FX with the cab sims, but when I upgraded from 8.0 to 9.03, the sound was a huge upgrade, and 10.01 adds even a little more sonic detail.

The new Marsha HBE amp sim is awesome if you are looking for a fat lead sound without needing a drive block in front. I'm getting a total Lukather/EJ vibe using that and the 4x12 V30 cab sim, with no drive block in front. It's like a really fat Marshall sound. I had never heard of the Rack Systems "Marsha" before, but it must be a hell of an amp, based on this Axe-FX sim.

In earlier firmware versions, it seemed like you always needed a drive block or to go crazy with the advanced settings to get a usable lead sound. Metal chug has always been a lot easier by comparison. But with the newest firmware versions, you get much more of the type of sonic detail that one needs when playing leads. I got a great sound from the Marsha sim without tweaking a single setting. I won't say it's 100% there yet, but I'm totally ready to do some recordings with the Axe-FX the way it is right now.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts