Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this over at FAS:

Drummerboy7816 said:
Tone matched my favorite Metal amp - The Framus Cobra! Anyone who played one knows just how PISSED OFF this thing is.

I used the amazing Ola's Youtube clip of him demoing a Cobra through V30s (Framus Cobra - Playthrough - YouTube). I used the Crunch section from 1:00 to about 1:10.

Per the comments in the track, first section is the actual YouTube Clip followed by the Axe.
http://soundcloud.com/benjamin-huang-2/framus-cobra-v30-tm-test-1

Ola's vid:

Patch here:

Metalguitarist.org - Patch Library - Framus Cobra V30s Axe-Fx II Tone Match

·
18,790 Posts
Damn, that is seriously good. I feel like this is becoming seriously essential studio gear, if only for the ability to match a tone to punch in a take long after you've taken down all the gear. Combine that with being able to have so many amazing sounds right in the box for when you just need a quick guitar sound for a project that doesn't have time to spend all day moving mics and mixing and matching gear, and it's worth the price tag and then some.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing that I like (to get a little off topic) is that I have some old recordings and mixes from gear that I don't own anymore (my old Ultra, the Pod, etc) that have tones that I really like. You know how sometimes you mix something that's a throwaway track but end up digging the guitar tone - I can go back now and just match those tones and have them in the Axe II in about 5 minutes.

This thing is fuckin' awesome. If only I could program better drums and write non-boring leads, I'd be well on my way to releasing Quignese Democracy. :lol:

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Is there a Framus Cobra amp type in the Axe-II to base that on? What amp type did you start with for the Tone Matching process?

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Doh. Sorry, was too distracted by the soundclip to pick up on such details (like the fact that it didn't originate from you).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.