Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Knew it was bound to come eventually... It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this.

Even knowing the power of the previous generation Ultra, it's still a kick to have something new come out so (relatively) soon after finally shelling out for last one. C'est la vie, I suppose.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder how much my Ultra is worth now. :lol:

Even if it's like $1500, I'd likely sell it for a new unit.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:2.1) Gecko/20110318 Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec/4.0)

Still no effects only unit. :/

·
HOLY DIVE-AH!
1,727 Posts
Well of course that's the obvious answer. But after dropping 2 grand, it sucks that you still have to buy stomp boxes/etc just to do something.

I have the same problem with all the pod xt/pro stuff. there's no way to bypass the amp/cab sim.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm confused. Get a G/Major?

I'm pretty sure at SOME point there will be an Axe-Fx Lite. And it won't cost 2 grand. But there are already fabulous units on the market that do exactly that, so...? :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
You can bypass the amp/cab sim on the Axe FX.

Dave, the standard has to be dropping in price soon. Right now it's the same price as a G-Force at $1500, I assume it will be in the $1000-$1200 range soon which should do what you need.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I REALLY want an AFX-II, but i'll gladly take an "obsolete" Ultra off anyone's hands if they're dumping it for an upgrade. ;)

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
So psyched for this, hopefully this destroys the value of the AFX's out now. Looks like I wont have to sell as much gear as I thought :lol:

1 - 20 of 301 Posts