Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, question numero uno.

I want to make a patch with just delay, and nothing else. No amp models, no cab sims. I have the AFX in the loop (2-cable), and my guitar's plugged directly into the Roadster. I'm editing the effects chain, and removing every effect in the chain but delay.

The EQs are all flat, and only the delay is in the chain, but for some reason it's coloring the hell out of my tone anyway. What am I missing?

Edit: This is how I learn the unit, and build patches btw. Start with absolutely nothing, then add stuff in as I go. So right now, all I want to use the AFX for is to add delay to the Roadster, regardless of which channel it's on, without coloring the tone.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Have you set the inputs up so that it turns red when you play the hardest? That's how they recommend setting it up (even though it goes against everything I have ever learned about processors.) Also, I found that the Axe Fx sounded better with the outputs turned up.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Mesa senses a competitor, and refuses to work with it!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you set the inputs up so that it turns red when you play the hardest? That's how they recommend setting it up (even though it goes against everything I have ever learned about processors.) Also, I found that the Axe Fx sounded better with the outputs turned up.
Yeah, JJ just told me that on AIM, and it does go against everything here as well. :lol:

It's like there's a compressor or something that's turned on that I'm missing.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It doesn't. The AFX is doin' something, but I'll sort it out. It's really just a case of RTFM. :lol: What sucks is that I have a crazy busy week at work and won't really have much time to fuck with it until this weekend. :(

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
The EQs are all flat, and only the delay is in the chain, but for some reason it's coloring the hell out of my tone anyway. What am I missing?
What do you mean by colored, anyway? Soft and tone-sucked? Or specifically altered in a different way? And is it always sounding like that, or just when the patch is engaged?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.