Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My band disbanded, and I'd rather not have $2500~ in crap depreciating in my basement, so it's up for sale. Being all digital gear I'm not sure what to say... No comments about tubes being fresh or whatever... I got the axe new in May 2014, never dropped it, always babied it, always drove like I had a pyramid of crystal wine glasses on top of my car when I drove with it. The matrix I got second hand, and it's one of the only digital power amps that really open/break up similar to how tubes do. The Furman I got new, all functional, looks new. Gator case is a little beat up, I got that second hand. And the Ground Control pro is an awesome cheap, military grade option for a cheap option of axe controllers. All will be included. I'll ship insured, obviously. Cab is a Port City OS212 wave. Incredible cab, probably my favorite part of the rig. Effects and low frequencies breathe better through it than any other cab I've played. For this: only local(2~hrs to X destination from Chicago, and only driving for a guaranteed sale, if you wanna try it, you gotta drive), and asking $550, though, is currently on hold.
I think $2600 is a more than fair shipped price for the rack and the controller considering new the pre and power amps are $2500 and $750 respectively. Only trades I may accept are MKV25, 6505MH, or other equally awesome small amps.
References: Drew Leon boots ******* Lopez list goes on I can't remember everyone.
$2600 shipped for rack
$550 local for cab
Uploading pic to abysmally slow photobucket mobile ATM. Add/message me on Facebook @Teddy Woods for quickest response but I'll check here once a day in addition to my Normal lurking. If there's anything wrong with the ad let me know.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Shit Teddy that sucks about the band. Teddy is awesome to deal with.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lucas: That is the most single inconvenient thing you could ask out of this :lol: 'Yeah no just the thing that holds the other three together and safe, yeah that one' :wub:
I'm not reaaaaally looking to separate stuff. The axe or everything but the axe would be one thing because the SS rig is applicable to line6, kemper, etc. sorry :(
But yeah. Bassist has a kid on the way, Vox/guitarist is occupied by work, me with school. I still really want to write with them, but a full time practicing/active band isn't that plausible.

Also I don't have the key for the rack, so :lol: not necessarily as bad as say... Forgetting a Floyd Rose arm.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You have your rack set out just like mine. Really makes my OD go crazy not having it in boot order but i like living on the edge, so im not changing it. Would also love to try one of those cabs. Yet to hear a bad thing about them. Unfortunately import costs are to high for me and the used market inst very kind. But if i ever see one at a reasonable price im jumping on it. Good luck with the sale man!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Wow makes me wish I had 2500 kicking around. Nice way to get a kick ass rig! Although, I echo the sentiments of the others that it's too band the band broke up.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My band played two shows in 18 months and we recorded and scrapped the EP four times. This isn't a bad thing :lol: this means I have a rainy day/nest egg instead of being a 23 year old living paycheck to paycheck with an insane guitar rig. Even if I join a band a 112, a MKV25, and a reverb is really all I require. I'll probably never utilize half of the features on the axe again. Honesty I'll miss the tuner the most :lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Your about 20 years ahead of me Teddy, I have been thinking recently that one of my 2x12s and a good small amp head with a reverb/delay and maybe a few other pedals is all I really need. I dont think a stereo 500w rig is doing much here in my office and is way more than the barn/garage/living room jams I do with friends.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Are you saying you would or would not part with AxeFX XL Separately?

The reason I ask is because I have been doing a ABSURD amount of "on the fly" recording recently and I've really thought about invest into an AxeFxXL.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Venator, not at the moment, I'd say message me in about a week and see, I'd like to try to offload the entire rack first. But it's ideal for exactly what you're talking about. Save an input preset on your DAW, plug in the USB-b and/or the speaker cables, set your levels and go.

Chris you should know, you got the second one after Misha!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Offer up dudes. I have no problem cutting a good deal for an MGer.
ill split the axe up as well.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Venator, not at the moment, I'd say message me in about a week and see, I'd like to try to offload the entire rack first. But it's ideal for exactly what you're talking about. Save an input preset on your DAW, plug in the USB-b and/or the speaker cables, set your levels and go.

Chris you should know, you got the second one after Misha!
:yesway:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.