Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
goddamnit.. I've been putting off buying a 360 and I still hear of problems with them.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lightning hit my house today, must have spiked my cablemodem. I live in a 2-family, and Atrace is on the other side. It cooked the ethernet port in his PC as well. Both were off at the time, too, and nothing else seems to have been effected. :scratch: Bad luck, I guess.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
My girl's mom had lightning hit her house, fried her TV. She went and got a nice HD flatscreen, and like 3 weeks later, zzzap. Lightning fried that, too.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Chris, do you use a surge protector with your computer? I do, back when i was using wired internet the surge protecter I had actually had an Ethernet thru port for exactly the situations you describe. :/

Bummer though.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris, do you use a surge protector with your computer? I do, back when i was using wired internet the surge protecter I had actually had an Ethernet thru port for exactly the situations you describe. :/

Bummer though.
No. I've worked in the IT/engineering field for over 15 years and I don't use a surge protector. I plug my shit into a custom made outlet that I have dangling from my shower head. Also, I'm secretly awesome at setting up trems.

Yes, I do. :lol: My UPS has one of those as well, and everything's plugged into it. Odd, fo'sho.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Fuck the Xbox off and just play the shit out of your PS3 :lol: I have 7 broken Xbox's sat in my room at home, which has just encouraged me to go and buy a PS3.

P.S. I accepted your friend request, and for the amount of time I had a PS3 (which was about 2 weeks) you weren't even online :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: I went from GOW3 to RDR, and now to FU on the 360. Once I finish up I'll be on PSN playin' through the Uncharted(s).

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
No. I've worked in the IT/engineering field for over 15 years and I don't use a surge protector. I plug my shit into a custom made outlet that I have dangling from my shower head. Also, I'm secretly awesome at setting up trems.
Hahahhahhaha. I know two people that could actually pull this off. But that's strange how lightning strike only killed 2 ethernet ports?? Anything else get zapped or just that??

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope, just those. Odd as hell, or one absurdly absurd coincidence.

Snagged a wireless adapter from Gamestop today, so I'm back for the attack. :metal:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Nope, just those. Odd as hell, or one absurdly absurd coincidence.

Snagged a wireless adapter from Gamestop today, so I'm back for the attack. :metal:
Man, if I had known I would've sold you mine for like half price :lol: Never use the damn thing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.