Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

And the one were I have heard people convinced they are the same band :lol:

:shrug: Can bands copy each other anymore? I know "labels" have a hand in this but man. :noway: I know they just think "Hmm this band is popular, lets go get a copy of them to make more money!" :idea:

I also am aware of the connection between theory of a deadman and nickleback.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally I am right 99% of the time if someone asks what band that is. (assuming I know who it is in the first place) I was convinced this was The Black Crows.

:eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Earshot song is pretty awesome, all similarities aside. But I still bet the reason it charted well in the US is because it sounded so much like Tool. If I had heard that on the radio back then I would have been convinced it was Tool once I got to the vocals a minute in.

·
18,790 Posts
I really like Monster by Skillet. Then I saw this post and realized how true it is that they sound so much like 3DG. brb crying deeply.
I've been a fan of Three Days Grace since their first album (saw them live back then when no one knew who they were), and I've liked Skillet about as long (remember listening to "Alien Youth" a lot). Skillet used to be really cool, and "Collide" and "Comatose" were both great albums, but the new one really disappointed me with how unoriginal it was, especially this song. Combining that with the way the singer comes off in interviews, and I kind of have a hard time enjoying them anymore. It's hard to take the guy seriously when he's sitting in his expensive house talking about how he's doing God's work bringing the message out to people in need, etc. Not to mention half of the new album is breakup songs, and his wife is in the band :lol:

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
Every one of these shitschick bands should rename themselves The Radio, because yeah, that's pretty much what they are. :lol: Also, why the fuck does rock radio still sound like it's fuckin' 1998?

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
^Because what is mainstream in the rock genre hasn't changed since 1998.
Or pop.

They took a song that sounded like the epitome of the 80's and added some guitars to it.... And it sounds like every other rock ballad on the radio. (and they really didn't alter the song that much as far as the melodies go)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts