Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one having banner ads all the time now, on every page?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm assuming the new owners ad policy is different than mine, which they're well within rights to do. I didn't show ads to MVPs/contributors, but that was me and this is them. They have to pay for the server, so its their call.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I don't have any ads at all. :D

Seriously, if site owners in general can't get their shit together with whom they sell ads to, I won't stop using ad blockers. It's their responsibility.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
^

... Aaand i'm done installing it. :yesway: :D
Yeah I hate to be a prick about it, because I know many if not most websites need to find a way to monetize, but there are just way more issues with ads than there are non-intrusive and/or clean (from a malware view) ads.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The banner ads know my interests, almost as if they were targeted.

What else did you bastards tell them?

I don't know about you guys, but I want to live in an America where a man's Amazon Prime history is his own business.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Looks like they changed the sites mascot too...

I personally like it. This old dude with bat wings just killed the shit out of a goblin and is wearing its face around like fucking Hannibal Lecter.

Under Chris's reign we only got a stupid eagle, which is cool if you are from a shitty country, but I'm from America, so having two eagle mascots was just stupid.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
What gives, I have ones for Mazda showing up, when I'm a proud Ford owner! :mad:
Yeah, I've been getting Mazda ads too, even though my last 3 cars have all been Hondas (including my current one). DIDN'T THEY LOOK AT MY DMV REGISTRATION INFO?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts