Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my buddies in Baptized In Blood just announced that Dave Mustaine has signed on to co-manage them :eek:

Canada's BAPTIZED IN BLOOD are set to storm out of their native country and mount a takeover of American metal audiences when they release their self-titled, debut full-length for Roadrunner via digital retailers nationally on October 19. The band will also play alongside A Life Once Lost at the CMJ Music Marathon Metal Sucks Showcase, which will be held October 20 at Club Europa. Baptized in Blood have already turned the discerning head of a metal icon, Megadeth's Dave Mustaine, who was so impressed with the band that he has taken on the role of co-manager for the London, Ontario-based band, alongside Mark Adelman.

Additionally, Mike D of Dark Icon Designs, who also serves as the bassist for Killswitch Engage, designed the album artwork. While Baptized in Blood may have friends in high places, the band doesn't rely on those associations; the five-piece delivers the goods with their bottom heavy, unrelenting metallic assault. Baptized in Blood are a classic Roadrunner signing that remains true the label's long-standing history as the standard bearer of the best in hard rock and metal.

Baptized in Blood are influenced by Gothenburg metal, glam and everything in between, as long as it's distorted! Their music is equally anthemic and groovy, without sacrificing one ounce of brutality. They've toured with US with Fear Factory and with Shadows Fall and Hatebreed in their native Canada. The band was also asked to join an already stellar lineup for the 2010 installment of the Heavy MTL Festival in Montreal, Quebec Canada, sharing the stage with the likes of Megadeth, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Lamb of God, and Mastodon to name just a few, performing in front of 15,000 fans. Check out video footage of the event below.

The track listing for Baptized in Blood is as follows:

"Up Shirts Down Skirts"

"Dirty's Back"

"Game On"

"Only Cure"

"Down and Out"

"Mental"

"Last Line Lady"

"My Salute"

"Go It Alone"

"Will Of a Demon"

"Sinking Ships"

"Event Horizon"
Baptized in Blood Managed By Dave Mustaine, Set To Release Self-titled Debut October 19

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Up Shirts Down Skirts sounds pretty good to me :lol:

I don't know if it's Johl who names the songs, but they don't leave much lyrical content to the imagination :lol: (although down and out could be taken in different ways without hearing the song)

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that your old band, or am I getting confused?
Yeah, as Naren said, completely different band, but buddies of ours. We opened for them a few times (including the show they announced the signing to Roadrunner), and took over their old jam space when they moved out of it. Great bunch of guys who deserve what they're getting after all their hard work :yesway:

Also, if you meet them at a show, they will have a drink with, or without, you :lol:

On a semi-unrelated note, my old band Terrorhorse is now managed by Active Management, more specifically by that guy on the right there:
The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uber-bump, but better than posting a new thread :lol:

These guys are some of the nicest, coolest guys I know. We used to jam in the same building, played some shows together, partied a bunch, and they gave us their old jam space when they moved out.

The second half of this video Johl talks about his views of how the metal community is, was, and should be, as well as what it's like working with Dave Mustaine. I gotta say, it makes me respect Dave a little more knowing that he's working that closely with these guys.

·
Ancient Mariner
259 Posts
I just listened to the free song in the earlier post and I dig their vocals. I'm going to go find their album now.

Now, I don't mind the cookie monster vocals. As long as there is some really good guitar work to back it up. That's how I listen to my metal. Guitar first!

Don't ever try to pass off the pig oinking to me as vocals. I turn that shit off. You know which ones I'm talking about.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just listened to the free song in the earlier post and I dig their vocals. I'm going to go find their album now.

Now, I don't mind the cookie monster vocals. As long as there is some really good guitar work to back it up. That's how I listen to my metal. Guitar first!

Don't ever try to pass off the pig oinking to me as vocals. I turn that shit off. You know which ones I'm talking about.
None of that here. He may not be a super-versatile vocalist, but he's consistent and easy to understand, and writes some catchy shit.

·
Ancient Mariner
259 Posts
I'm not saying that's what BIB is doing. I was kinda adding to the previous comments about other bands with cookie monsters.

I'm liking what I've heard so far from Baptized In Blood. An now I see that you added a few more. I'm going to listen now.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not saying that's what BIB is doing. I was kinda adding to the previous comments about other bands with cookie monsters.

I'm liking what I've heard so far from Baptized In Blood. An now I see that you added a few more. I'm going to listen now.
Oh yeah, I got that completely, I was just agreeing that he's not like that :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.