1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, todays matches are
Man Utd - Fulham
Sunderland - Man City

Should be a comfortable win for both Utd and City but Utd does have a history of wasting "easy" wins.
Utd have the players to win this years PL and having only one point less than Chelski it's going to be a close race. Arsenal is on par with Chelsea but with one more match played and is a strong contender for the title.

I really look forward to this seasons final rounds, looks to be a thriller.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Well, todays matches are
Man Utd - Fulham
Sunderland - Man City

Should be a comfortable win for both Utd and City but Utd does have a history of wasting "easy" wins.
Utd have the players to win this years PL and having only one point less than Chelski it's going to be a close race. Arsenal is on par with Chelsea but with one more match played and is a strong contender for the title.

I really look forward to this seasons final rounds, looks to be a thriller.
I wouldn't say that Fulham is an easy game for Utd. Remember the last time they played Fulham? That game sure wasn't easy for them. ;)

Utd have the player to win this years PL
Fixed that for you.:p
They wouldn't stand a chance without Rooney, who's been exceptionally good this season.

I'm hoping Arsenal win the title, as Liverpool's been out of the title race since the beginning of the season.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry Markus but I think you're mistaken. Both Fulham and Sunderland are mid-table with no possibility of winning and are satisfied with just coasting through the rest of the season.
And Fulham should be an easy win for Utd, the last match was just fulham having a good day while Utd had a bad.

And that "fix" of yours is just plain bullshit :fawk: , Utd has one of the most versatile and complete teams of the league. :)

I take it from your post that you're a liverpool fan of sorts?

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
And that "fix" of yours is just plain bullshit :fawk: , Utd has one of the most versatile and complete teams of the league. :)

No, I'm with Markus on this. The Villa - Man U final a couple of weeks ago was pretty even until they brought Rooney on in the second half. Recently, Rooney has been their go-to guy when they're struggling in a match.

[EDIT] That said, here are my predictions for today:

Man Utd - 3 - 1 - Fulham
Sunderland - 1 - 2 - Man City

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts
Second place! :metal:

We could win it this year!

Go gunners!

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Second place! :metal:

We could win it this year!

Go gunners!
:yesway: I don't support Arsenal, but I do like them.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Arsenal suck! :fawk:

(Spurs fan here :lol:)

That said, despite the fact that they are Arsenal and thats a huge burden for them they're pretty consistently awesome and I always root for them against 'Chelski' and Man Utd.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I hate Chelsea. There's a guy at work who supports them yet he's never been out of Birmingham, never been to see them play and could only name a handful of their players. Yet when a Midlands team loses a game (Wolves, Birmingham City, Albion, Villa) then he relishes the chance to take the piss.

I fucking hate glory hunters. :noway:

The only United player I like is Park...because he's so underrated compared to some of his teammates. He's always where he should be and once in a while he takes some amazing shots. Like when he belted the ball right into Petrov in the Carling Cup final and winded he for like 2-3 minutes! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I'm sorry Markus but I think you're mistaken. Both Fulham and Sunderland are mid-table with no possibility of winning and are satisfied with just coasting through the rest of the season.
And Fulham should be an easy win for Utd, the last match was just fulham having a good day while Utd had a bad.

Well, IMO Fletcher, Carrick, Neville and Nani out of todays starting 11 aren't really anything super special. Good players, of course, but not world-beaters. Rooney has basically created all ManUtd:s chances again today.

Yup, I guess I kind of am. Though this season I've really been impressed with Birmingham as well,

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I'm with Markus on this. The Villa - Man U final a couple of weeks ago was pretty even until they brought Rooney on in the second half. Recently, Rooney has been their go-to guy when they're struggling in a match.

[EDIT] That said, here are my predictions for today:

Man Utd - 3 - 1 - Fulham
Sunderland - 1 - 2 - Man City
watching the match now, think it will be the usual 1-0 on overtime win...
Not so sure about the city match though, I think city will win ofc, but by a clearer margin.

And i'll give you the Villa-Man Utd example, Rooney is in the form of his life it seems and he's always been the type of player that's capable of turning a match around.
And we're also missing Giggs and a few other key players due to injuries.

But I'll say it again, the race for the trophy this year is going to be damn exciting! Good luck to all, as long as United wins :D :fawk:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I hate Chelsea. There's a guy at work who supports them yet he's never been out of Birmingham, never been to see them play and could only name a handful of their players. Yet when a Midlands team loses a game (Wolves, Birmingham City, Albion, Villa) then he relishes the chance to take the piss.

Yeah my mate supports them too but is a proper fan, goes to see them semi regularly too, this made it much more satisfying when we beat them in the League cup in '08 which I watched at his place. :lol:

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts

So do I, but Chelsea have played so well recently that I don't blame people for switching sides :lol:

Man U are on top form at the moment too, I'm surprised we're ahead of them at the moment, but there's not much in it. Liverpool won't get a look in but it's anyone's guess who will win.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
3-0 full time. Shame, I was one goal out on my prediction.
yeah, you did good :D

and ofc rooneyx2, he's the one that's supposed to score isn't he?:)

I'd say it was a really good team effort. first half was under par but they really came along in the second. Shame for fulham loosing Hangeland, he is one of their best defenders and that contributed greatly to the outcome i think.

Well, IMO Fletcher, Carrick, Neville and Nani out of todays starting 11 aren't really anything super special. Good players, of course, but not world-beaters. Rooney has basically created all ManUtd:s chances again today.
Doesn't prove your point imo, Rooney wouldn't be where he is without those players. Fletcher and Carrick are among the best in PL today. Nani is a bit on/off as he's always been, he can do brilliant stuff and make a complete ass of himself.
Neville's over the top, and he has been for a couple of years now. But he's on due to injuries.

Now let's get on with todays second match. :D

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Todays game is Liverpool vs Portsmouth

Liverpool should win this easily, but the way they've been playing you never know. Now that Torres has returned they should be able to score goals, but even he looked bad against Wigan. Portsmouth have nothing to play for really, because they're relegated either way, and it's at Anfield so I still believe Liverpool will crush them.

And tomorrow it's Wigan vs Aston Villa. Wigan got annihilated by Bolton on Saturday, and Villa played a goalles game against Stoke. If Villa play anywhere close to their level, they should win this game.

Here are my predictions (probably wrong). :)
Liverpool- 3 - 0 -Portsmouth
Wigan- 1 - 2 - Aston Villa

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Liverpool scores with a lot of help from the Portsmouth goalkeeper.

And Ryan Babel adds another one a minute later.

Looks like my prediction will be very wrong. If this game continues like this it'll be at least 5-0

3-0 at half time.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
4-1 FT. Torres was absolutely sensational in this game. Aquilani also showed that he definately earns a place in the starting 11 in front of Lucas. Will be interesting to see how they will play against Manchester on Monday. If they play like this it will be an awesome game, and if they play like against Wigan it will be horrible, and ManU will walk all over them. Liverpool has won the last 3 games against them, so it'll be interesting to see if they continue that streak in spite of how they've played during a large part of this season.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Not a single American in this thread :lol: I actually tried to watch some of a game the other day. 5 mins and I was beyond bored :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Not a single American in this thread :lol: I actually tried to watch some of a game the other day. 5 mins and I was beyond bored :lol:
When a game is good, it can be awesome as hell...when it's bad, one-sided or even sometimes when it's evenly matched (and consists of nothing more than the two keepers booting the ball down the field to each other), it can be boring as fuck.

Still, the most boring sport I've ever watched is baseball. Holy fuck, I could begin watching a game clean shaven and by the time it's finished I'm a fully fledged member of ZZ Top...which can only be discovered when I've removed the thick layer of dust and moss that's settled on me.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts