Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ESP/LTD MHB-400 baritone. I love it, and i plan to stick with baritones from now on, they are much more comfortable to me. I've sold/traded my standard scale stuff. I'm looking for suggestions on other good baritone 6's?

Any other nice discontinued models, i should be on the lookout for used? I'm looking for 27inch scale and fixed bridge, neck through or set neck.

I was looking at possibly getting a Halo Morbus Baritone, when they go on sale. But I've read alot of horror stories about there quailty control.

I've not been able to find any nice Jackson or Ibanez baritones, so i don't know if they ever made them?

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Halo = fucking scammers

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Get the Mushok. I've got one, and it's awesome. Pickups are meh, but otherwise it's a great value.

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just, uh, don't do this with either. :lol: :lol:
Thats hilarious :rofl:

And, yeah the Mushok looks nice. I've never played a PRS of any kind yet though. Always thought they were more of a hard rock type of guitar. But I guess it could be suited for brutal death metal as well. I have heard alot of good things about them.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Also, as much as I dislike them, BTBAM play PRS now, and are still pretty "brutal."

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ever heard Opeth?
Yeah, I know Mikael from Opeth plays one. That's the only death metal artist i know of that plays one. Opeth isn't really the type of DM i listen to, so i'm not sure really what type of stuff he plays with it. I know there generally more of a progressive DM band. I'm into stuff like Cephalotripsy, Heinous Killings, Abominable Putridity, Visceral Bleeding, etc.)

Seems like alot of my favorite bands just use tuned down standard 6 strings, but i prefer baritone.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
It's a well built, solidbody guitar with humbuckers. I fail to see how that precludes a PRS from being a "metal" guitar.

Daath
Opeth
BTBAM
Paul Allendar (Cradle of filth)
Dan Spitz (anthrax)
Joey Belladonna (anthrax)
Karnivool
Jeff Tuttle (dillinger escape plan)
Nick Cantanese (BLS)

These are all officially sponsored PRS artists. This is not even mentioning the non-sponsored artists that use them. Guitarists need to get over their ideas of what's "metal" and what isn't.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts