Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm considering throwing the Bartolini MK5CBC in my curbows. Thing is, the Mark I's in the Curbows (and ibanez, and everything else Mark I's are in) are active. I know there's a lot of conflicting info on the Mark I's, but they're definitely active. They have a wire going to the battery. :lol:

Anyway, NONE of the current Bart's appear to active. Even the MK5CBC that claims to be the American Versions replacement of the MK5CBC says its passive. Is this a typo on Bart's site? Or are they actually passive? And why would the korean version be Active, and the American one passive?

Last, is there anything else with the same size as the MK5CBC (1.35" x 4.25" -- 5 string) that IS active?

·
Nobody Has Seen Me Lately
1,191 Posts
Just about all Barts can be run active or passive. Running them active requires a op-amp (Bartolini, Auderie ect...).
Not sure what's in the Curbow, but Bart will make pups specific to the manufactures' requirements, so it might have a preamp built into the pup.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Curbows have some proprietary preamp in them already, if thats what you're getting at? I think its also designed by Bart to work with the MKI.

·
Nobody Has Seen Me Lately
1,191 Posts
No matter what bart you throw in there, it should work with that preamp.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it should just be a matter of switching a few wires then? Sweet. That makes the whole process a lot easier. :yesway:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts