1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choose wisely.

In one corner, Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy on Holy War:

In the other, Mike Inez on No More Tears:

Go. Winner advances to take on the next contender! (How exciting!)

:hans:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Tough one.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
at the risk of being laughed out of MG forever... where is Newsted's My friend of Misery tone?

anyways... my vote went to mike inez

·
One-Two-Nine-Five
598 Posts
Had to go with Phil. I like a little grit in my tone.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Had to go with Mike.
Bob Daisley did the whole disc:

Jeb: Is that you on the intro to "No More Tears?" What was that album like to work on?

Bob: Yeah that is me on the whole album. By the way, that is me on the whole Black Sabbath Eternal Idol album. Dave Spitz got a credit saying that he played some of the bass parts but he didn't do any of it. The same thing happened on No More Tears. Mike Inez got credit as playing some bass on it but he didn't do any of it. That was a great album to do and I had great fun doing it. Mike was Ozzy's bass player at the time. I got a call from Ozzy and he said he was having problems getting the songs recorded and he asked me to come down and give it a try. I played on the whole album. The songs, including No More Tears, were already written when I got called in. Mike Inez used to come and watch me play in the studio. I found him to be a very friendly guy. To give credit where credit is due, Mike had the idea of starting the song with the bass and he had an intro that he had written. I changed it around a bit when I came in. On the credits of the album that is why I am credited as the bass player. Mike is credited as having bass inspirations.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Tough call, but I'd have to give Phil the nod on this one for being more of a badass bass tone innovator.

Eddie Jackson's tone on a lot of Queensrÿche stuff is also killer.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Also, Rachel Bolan's tone on a lot of Skid Row's stuff is killer. That grinding '80s Spector tone is just awesome.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Going with Phil as well - love the grit and his pick playing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.