Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing how great this was from guys I work with for the last few years, I finally watched the pilot movie last night. I threw it on at around 11:00 thinking I'd fall asleep partway though (it's 3 hours long) and ended up staying up until 2AM to finish it.

Holy shit, it totally kicks ass! People dying everywhere, cities getting nuked, little kids getting blown up, deckhands getting roasted and then ejected into space - I expected SciFi cheese, and was definitely surprised at how dark this movie/series is.

Anyone else a fan? I grabbed the whole first season, hoping that it's as good as the pilot.

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
You should expect some SciFi cheese for sure, and some aspects tend to wear thin on people over the time. As a whole though it's a pretty awesome show, I'm actually thinking about rewatching it. From a character perspective it's fairly awesome, and from a plot perspective it was kind of a HOLY SHIT WHAT NEXT!!! kinda show in the last few seasons.

That's all I'll say for now, but if you enjoyed the pilot you'll probably like the rest.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't suppose there's an R-Rated spinoff where the blonde chick shows her rack, is there? :lol:

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
Actually the pilot of the kind of spin off, Caprica, had mad titties all over the place. But not starbucks. Unless you mean the cylon chick, in which case she's been in playboy and her boobs are a google away.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Some of the best writing and acting on TV in the last 10 years. HUGE fan. You'll get addicted once you start watching. The first season is pretty brutal to get through, but it's pretty awesome all the way through.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
The first seasons I watched in one go right when I got the dvds. Then I started downloading, just couldn't wait. Watched that shit in the crappiest quality, haha.

You should really check out Caprica when you're done. Explains how it all started, I like it :)

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
Epic show.
Fraking epic show.

SO SAY WE ALL!. :metal:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
imo this was one of the best tv series ive ever watched

you should just drop the coin on the entire series because its fairly cheap to buy now.

i enjoyed every bit of it and was left empty when it was over.

i cant recommend it enough!

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
I'm in the middle of the third season now.

The show only gets darker and darker, and more "HOLY SHIT!" as it goes on. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I watched most of it a while ago but I ended up stopping near the end of season 3. I'll probably tryand get it all and watch it again and finish it once I'm done watching Farscape.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
BSG is badass. After many years of dismissing it as a weak rehash (without watching it), I ended up watching the pilot and, subsequently, the entire series beginning about two months before the series finale. I caught up literally the night before the last show. Those two months nearly screwed up my undergrad thesis. :lol:

There's still another movie coming out about the cylon's master plan before launching their attack - incidentally, it's entitled "The Plan."

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Wow, I sure missed that one. Looks like it first aired back in January. Guess I have some more watching to do.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I saw the Caprica pilot and thought it was boring as shit, so definitely go with BSG first. You may or may not find Caprica enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts