Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
They were on tour together, and goofed around on it during sound check, and decided to do it during the show :shrug: It'd be pretty cool to see in person :D
Yeah, it was definitely tight. I just didn't know why they were doing it.

I also fear that now, the only way to get proper sounding drums is through "bulbs double tracking method" :lol:

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
Me loves me some doubled drums (which is not the same as layered drums mind you). Not to let all the cats out of the proverbial bag, but The Surfacing might have nabbed the dual drumming thing from Course Of Empire a bit:

@ 3:26 :agreed:

:D

Also, dig up 'Delicate Sound Of Thunder' live from P.F. Another fine example of doubled drums, particularly on 'Yet Another Movie / Around And Around / Sorrow'.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Joe Bonnamassa had two drummers for his Albert Hall show. Was crushing :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Me loves me some doubled drums (which is not the same as layered drums mind you). Not to let all the cats out of the proverbial bag, but The Surfacing might have nabbed the dual drumming thing from Course Of Empire a bit:

YouTube - Course Of Empire - Infested!

YouTube - Course Of Empire "The Information"
@ 3:26 :agreed:

:D

Also, dig up 'Delicate Sound Of Thunder' live from P.F. Another fine example of doubled drums, particularly on 'Yet Another Movie / Around And Around / Sorrow'.
Holy shit, another person who knows who Course of Empire is! :metal:

I fuckin' love these guys. Listened to the absolute hell out of them in college, and my old band covered Ptah at our first gig. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The Allman Brothers have had two drummers for 40 years now. It's a tough thing to pull off. Doing it in metal would be even tougher. Both drummers have to be tightly in sync and carefully work out the arrangements, or it would get very messy.

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
The Allman Brothers have had two drummers for 40 years now. It's a tough thing to pull off. Doing it in metal would be even tougher. Both drummers have to be tightly in sync and carefully work out the arrangements, or it would get very messy.
That's the way it is with guitars too though. I'm not saying it's not difficult, because you do have to be really tight.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
No doubt about that, but I'm guessing it's even tougher for drummers, since any slop with them is going to absolutely tear things apart.
That and they have to agree on who takes which fills, etc. Guitarists can improvise a fair bit during live performance and still deliver a cohesive presentation. Definitely an exercise in coordination for drummers, though if, as in the Allman Brothers, they play together for 40 years... it's probably easy as pie to them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts