Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for the last few months I've been playing a LOT more guitar, being that I've got a Metallica cover show coming up. And, of course, I've been playing lots of Metallica and some other metal tunes to get my chops back up.

Well, I mis-clicked in iTunes, and fired up a Johnny Winter song, and ended up playing classic rock for the rest of the night :lol:. Man, I love all those old, tired, heard-it-100-times tunes. Probably because it's how I first learned to play... My dad showed me a few chords, and I picked up a few more from a Mel Bay lesson book, but about 95% of what I know I learned from trying to play all those classic rock tunes that I already knew by heart. Just me and a radio in my parent's garage for all four years of high school.

Tonight, that's probably what I'll be doing :yesway:

Also, it's Friday after a very long week, and my GF will be in town, so I'm particularly excited for 5pm to roll around :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'M SO EXCITED* ABOUT PLAYING GUITAR, DAMNIT.

:lol:

*and I just couldn't hide it.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I hear ya! I'm at that same point after being in a bit of a rut for the past few months...I'm recording 3 different songs right now. One reasons is I've got a 6er after being without one for so long. It's nice to just pick it up and effortlessly play stuff. Makes me GAS for my ultimate 6er I've always wanted which is an ESP George Lynch Kami,...the red white and blue one....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts