Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were recommended to me easily...~4 years ago now (God that makes me feel old) and I only really downloaded Goo and thought, "Eh" but for some reason the suggestion popped back into my brain not too long ago; and like any reasonable person, I consulted the intarwebz known as Demonoid.

Listened straight through Daydream Nation cause I had heard a few tracks off it during a Youtube search. Needless to say, the album is awesome and I regret not listening to it sooner. Same can be said for Goo since I listened to it again, and I don't say that just because of "Kool Thing" either.

Any other fans?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't even know how they tune. I've never once tried to learn a Sonic Youth song. :lol: I just know they've tuned like a million different ways, and that every song you've posted is boss. I may or may not be inebriated, honestly, but I still like 'em.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked up a tab for Teen Age Riot, and from low to high - BADBEG

:nuts:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I once wanted to start a punk band in which I wrote a bunch of anti-Bush songs in BAGDAD tuning. Couldn't figure out how to make the tuning work, though. Drop the low E two and a half steps, switch the D and G strings, drop the B and E a step? Too nutty. Actually, I may fuck around with this in Guitar Pro, see what I can come up with. Bless you, Sonic Youth thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts