Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:billted:

This super exciting setup ensures that if I stroll across my office and yank an instrument cable out, I yank it out of a pedal and not out of a preamp. Also it's a quick way to mute the br00tz if I have a crying infant, or if Drew is talking in his smooth baritone. :lol:

L-R: Fractal, Kemper, Triaxis, Mark V :metal:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Are you just using velcro under the spots where the pedals go? I do that on mine. Although when I had a pedaltrain nano like that I did it along the rails.

If you don't like the Godlyke dual lok stuff, which collects less dirt than regular velcro, I'm kind of surprised you of all people aren't using the bike chain link method.

The bike chain link method is cool as fuck, for those who haven't heard of it, it's this. Doesn't work on all enclosures, depending on where the screws are, but works on an awful lot.

Though IIRC, the pitchblacks might not have screws there. I have one of the mini ones on my board now, forgot the config of the big ones in the back.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A man with one tuner knows if he is in tune. A man with four is never sure.
There's actually a tuner built in on everything they plug into, too. :lol: The FAS/KPA have it built in, the Mark has the FM3, and the Triaxis has the GMaj. I also have a 1U Korg rack tuner and a stroborack.

You'd think I'd actually record things... :drew:

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Does the Peterson tune differently than the Korgs? Ever since I realized Boss tuners tune slightly differently than TC Electronic, I've been super OCD about tuner brands. I don't think I could handle that board. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
A true person of class and style would chain all 4 tuners then run them into a 4-way amp splitter. :agreed:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the Peterson tune differently than the Korgs? Ever since I realized Boss tuners tune slightly differently than TC Electronic, I've been super OCD about tuner brands. I don't think I could handle that board. :lol:
The Peterson is awesome. The korgs were cheap. :lol: I'd love to have 4 of the Strobes on here, the thing is fantastic.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A true person of class and style would chain all 4 tuners then run them into a 4-way amp splitter. :agreed:
:lol: I have 4 separate/complete rigs though. For all zero of the times I'll have 4 guitarists playing at once in my office, I will be prepared!

Fractal > Art SLA -> Yamaha HS80s
Kemper > 20/20 > Mesa 1x12
Triaxis > 2:90 > Recto 4x12
Mark V > Is A Combo

That'll change shortly as soon as I can score a reasonably good used Road King cab, I'll have the Fractal into one side of it and the Traixis into the other.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
:lol: I have 4 separate rigs though. For all zero of the times I'll have 4 guitarists playing at once in my office, I will be prepared!
Hence the splitter and the ridiculous awesomeness of running all 4 tuners into the splitter! :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
:lol: I have 4 separate/complete rigs though. For all zero of the times I'll have 4 guitarists playing at once in my office, I will be prepared!

Fractal > Art SLA -> Yamaha HS80s
Kemper > 20/20 > Mesa 1x12
Triaxis > 2:90 > Recto 4x12
Mark V > Is A Combo

That'll change shortly as soon as I can score a reasonably good used Road King cab, I'll have the Fractal into one side of it and the Traixis into the other.

The lack of color coding going on with that pedalboard is egregious.

Color code your cables with heat shrink tubing. Save yourself a lot of headache. You need pretty high ratio stuff for 1/4th inch jacks, and you have to use tape on thick stuff like power cords, unless you want to spring for the mega expensive stuff they use for power boat wiring, but it is 100% worth it. Even colored electrical tape is better than nothing. If they are long ones, even do it in the middle in addition to the ends.

You actually run out of primary colors pretty quickly for any real cabling, so you have to do combinations of two or three colors. I have some that are one stripe. Some are two, some are three. No cables have the same color code that way.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lack of color coding going on with that pedalboard is egregious.

Color code your cables with heat shrink tubing. Save yourself a lot of headache. You need pretty high ratio stuff for 1/4th inch jacks, and you have to use tape on thick stuff like power cords, unless you want to spring for the mega expensive stuff they use for power boat wiring, but it is 100% worth it. Even colored electrical tape is better than nothing. If they are long ones, even do it in the middle in addition to the ends.

You actually run out of primary colors pretty quickly for any real cabling, so you have to do combinations of two or three colors. I have some that are one stripe. Some are two, some are three. No cables have the same color code that way.
What's this nonsense? All my cables are black. :immortal:

If you want your pedalboard to look like a toddler's lunchbox, by all means plaster it with random fruity colors. I'll keep things grVm for you.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I see coiled cables are too cheap for your ass lol. Wait do they even sell coiled cables anymore? lol

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
What's this nonsense? All my cables are black. :immortal:

If you want your pedalboard to look like a toddler's lunchbox, by all means plaster it with random fruity colors. I'll keep things grVm for you.
The average human loses 2-3 years of life expectancy purely due to the stress of trying to figure out which cable is which. That's a real statistic.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The average human loses 2-3 years of life expectancy purely due to the stress of trying to figure out which cable is which. That's a real statistic.
Truth. I still haven't fully cabled up the back of my rack of doom yet because I'm waiting on an electrician to come in and put in some outlets for it. Apparently normal people don't need a pair of 20A quad sockets in their closets.

I have a zillion cables that I bought along the way that all match so I think I'm in good shape, but between the effects loops, the cables from the Triaxis to the 2:90 for modes, the MIDI switcher for the FM3 with the Voodoo shit, multiple boosts, expression pedals, multiple stereo outputs, DI outs, attenuators and all the other shit it's going to take me half a day to get it right. :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts