Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have accidentally ordered the digital reverb that I don't really need.

Article here.

Behringer's compact stompbox range of effects pedals were already cheap but now they are a crazy $19 bargain over at Sweetwater following the announcement of Behringer parent company Music Tribe's 'super partnership' with the US retailer.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Hmmmm... anyone ever use the 808 clone or the 7 band EQ?

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
From what I understand, these pedals are sound very good, the tradeoff being they're made in China and are plastic.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I've owned my fair share of Behringer stuff just like most of us, and I've never had an issue with any of it. I have a rack headphone distribution/splitter of theirs that's over 20 years old now and still works perfectly.

I'm in for a $19 overdrive. You can never have too many boosts, and I spent more than that on dinner last night.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Fuck them. They don’t want to deal with anyone but massive companies now, because it’s inconvenient. Fuck Behringer, and fuck TC Electronic.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Their circuits are direct clones of well known pedals. They use cheaper parts and plastic enclosures. They are not (from what I've seen) particularly road-worthy, but should be fine for bedroom warriors.

FWIW, I have never owned any Behringer gear, so I can't comment with any first hand experience.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I have an ancient Euro Rack but nothing recent from them. For that price I think i would just go the Mooer/Donner/Enos/etc clone route and get a metal enclosure.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I have an ancient Euro Rack but nothing recent from them. For that price I think i would just go the Mooer/Donner/Enos/etc clone route and get a metal enclosure.
I briefly had a Mooer Preamp live, and while it was OK, the form factor and feature set were amazing. 16 MIDI presets, preamp tone capture, independent switchable IRs for XLR output and 1/4 - for $400? Awesome. It fell apart though when you tried to EQ the tone capture.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Disposable Pedals. Back to the TRASH!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My only experience with Behringer is my audio interface that has been still working perfectly for years. My cheapo Behringer headphones has been still working for 2 years now.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
My only experience with Behringer is my audio interface that has been still working perfectly for years. My cheapo Behringer headphones has been still working for 2 years now.
Yep and just about every touring band uses their rackmount digital mixer too. It's fantastic.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Just bought the TO800, HM300, and UM300. Did I need them? Fuck no. But three pedals for $60 is a solid deal. I'll never play them live so they can be made of paper for all I care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a couple of these pedals: EQ, noise gate, compressor/sustainer, heavy metal. They all work perfectly fine. I have no issues with them at all or with my Behringer headphones. They are surprisingly heavy thanks to some metal plate at the bottom, in fact much heavier than actual die cast pedals. At $19 they are one hell of a deal. I'll probably get some more once they are in stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is a co-incidence, Behringer pedals have dropped in price at major retailers who carry the brand here in AU too. I bought two HM300's while on sale price at the end of last year at AU$40 each, and now they are down to AU$29 each. I've played the HM300's quite a bit since buying them, no problem with them.

I have a couple of these pedals: EQ, noise gate, compressor/sustainer, heavy metal. They all work perfectly fine. I have no issues with them at all or with my Behringer headphones. They are surprisingly heavy thanks to some metal plate at the bottom, in fact much heavier than actual die cast pedals.
Yes, they are surprisingly heavy pedals and feel quite sturdy despite the plastic shell. I also just bought a used SM400 Super Metal off ebay, which is discontinued and based on the Boss Hyper Metal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts