Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
That is very cool. At work we have to handle the proper disposal of all IT equipment, and it can be very expensive sometimes. It's great that they are doing it for such a low price.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Over here all electronics stores have to take electronic items to be recycled for free. That is a really good thing as less electronics end up being thrown away.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over here all electronics stores have to take electronic items to be recycled for free. That is a really good thing as less electronics end up being thrown away.
I live near Seabrook, NH, which is one of the white trash capitals of New Hampshire. It's pretty common to see TVs, old monitors and shit like that sitting on the side of the road, or in the woods. :noway:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
This is pretty cool, and I had no idea they did it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/Re...50025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025&DCMP=rdr0001422

Basically, for $10 you can drop off any TV/electronic item to be recycled, and when you drop it off, you get a $10 gift card. I have a couple of bigass old tube TV's that would cost me about $50 to get disposed of locally. :yesway:
So.......I have 20 laptops to be recycled at work. I tell the company it's going to cost $200 to recycle them properly. I then wipe the disks myself, expense the $200, then keep the $200 gift card.

:rofl: I like it!

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I live near Seabrook, NH, which is one of the white trash capitals of New Hampshire. It's pretty common to see TVs, old monitors and shit like that sitting on the side of the road, or in the woods. :noway:
Total tangent, but I read that as "Seahook, NH," which sounds like the awesome capital of New Hampshire.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
That's what the talking heads would say.
They'd probably say that about a lot of things in Finland. :D

Not that I'm complaining, as I think the Finnish society works reasonably well compared to most countries I've visited. I'd probably be considered a communist in the US. ;)

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
They'd probably say that about a lot of things in Finland. :D

Not that I'm complaining, as I think the Finnish society works reasonably well compared to most countries I've visited. I'd probably be considered a communist in the US. ;)
I wouldn't mind being called names if my country was one of the happiest in the world. :yesway:

Democaracy, free healthcare, widespread Atheism and shitloads of coffee. Sounds fucking amazing.

Oh, and the best rally stage of the year.

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Contact your local school. There are companies out there that recycle from schools for free for the tax credit. I used to bring my stuff to the local high school once or twice a year when they recycled all their old inventory. It wasnt opened to the public but if you called them they usually told you when they usually recycled and I would just call back around that time.

We used a company (I now work for a school) this year that was paid for by Apple. They even unloaded it from another truck into their own. I didnt have to touch a thing. Got a certificate of disposal and everything.

A little info on Apple's program

Apple Announces Free Recycling for Schools - Softpedia

·
18,790 Posts
I don't know how it is there, but there's a $10 "recycling fee" you pay when you buy new electronics most places (or all places?). So, essentially, I'd pay them $10 to dispose of my old electronics, they give me a $10 gift card, which will cover the recycling fee on the new electronics. Essentially, they're throwing out my old shit for free, but also throwing out a $10 gift card at the same time :yesway:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
actually most places that sell electronics does this. I know for a fact officemax does, i used to work there and did it all the time for customers. Basically, the same thing, you pay them to recycle it, and get the money back.

so if there is a place you like better than best buy (fry's electronics anybody) just do it there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts