Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 3 and a 5 way, and the local shops only have Strat style switches in stock. These are for a pair of RGs.

Where does an aspiring young(ish) lad with a soldering iron turn to?

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I use Fender ones in mine, unless you need that insane H-H parallel in #4 switch....and use TDW's suggestion for those. :lol:
Can you do that for switching like on a RG2027?

BTW, it's -

1. Neck series
2. Neck parallel
3. Both series
4. Inside coils in series (Fender 'quack')
5. Bridge series

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I've got a three-way and two five-ways that I found (so far) that are from RG's if you're interested.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This isn't for the 2027, this is for my EX and RG5T.

Adam - are they new? I have some decent old ones as well, but if I'm doing it, I want to do it with all new stuff. :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
One of the 5-ways is dead mint, never seen a a piece of solder, the 3-way and the other 5-way have been used before, but are clean and in good condition. They're free if you want 'em.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
This isn't for the 2027, this is for my EX and RG5T.

Adam - are they new? I have some decent old ones as well, but if I'm doing it, I want to do it with all new stuff. :lol:
Same idea if you want multi-option switching for dual (passive) hum equipped guitars, though. Just using the 2027 as an example, since it's what I'm familar with.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of the 5-ways is dead mint, never seen a a piece of solder, the 3-way and the other 5-way have been used before, but are clean and in good condition. They're free if you want 'em.
Fo' sho. At least let me paypal you shipping. :yesway:

Thanks dude! :wub:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Can you do that for switching like on a RG2027?

BTW, it's -

1. Neck series
2. Neck parallel
3. Both series
4. Inside coils in series (Fender 'quack')
5. Bridge series
I think Dimarzio has a wiring diagram for this on their site. Personally, I prefer:
1. Neck series
2. Outside coils (tele)
3. Both series
4. Inside coils (strat)
5. Bridge series

If you can get a diagram, you can do pretty much anything with a those Superswitches. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never use position 2 or 4, ever, but with the HSS guitar, it's so old and vintage/unique sounding, I figure I may as well.

Generally rhythms I'm on the bridge, leads on the neck, and cleans in the middle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.