Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
So basically an Edge 7 that you can get without paying Ibanez obnoxious OEM upcharge? Snazzy

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Not exactly, as these are solid steel instead of knife inserts like the Edge. The overall shape and hand feel is the same though. If these are priced similarly to the 6 string they'll be a damn steal.
Yeah, if its priced close its a default no-brainer. :yesway::agreed:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
This figures, since I just got an OFR7 for my 7 string project. :lol:

To be fair, I got it cheap since it came from Dave. Predictably, I'll have to buy a bar for it. ;)

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The OFR Push-in bar made me pretty agnostic between the two, but this is the only license Floyd worth bothering with, along with the Edge/LoPro, as well.

·
The Warmoth Guy
36 Posts
Yep, Warmoth's Gotoh and Floyd routs are slightly different, mainly because the string-lock screws don't stick out as far back on the Gotoh-branded trems.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
This figures, since I just got an OFR7 for my 7 string project. :lol:

To be fair, I got it cheap since it came from Dave. Predictably, I'll have to buy a bar for it. ;)
:lol:

Coincidentally, Mike has bought every trem I have ever listed as a stand alone part. I remember the black OFR and the newer Schaller one in chrome I sold you a while back.

Did I sell you the Kahler Steeler? I remember having a really cool Kahler Steeler off a Zion and I'm pretty sure you bought it. The Steeler kicks ass and it's a shame people confuse it with the Killer and the Spyder.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
:lol:

Coincidentally, Mike has bought every trem I have ever listed as a stand alone part. I remember the black OFR and the newer Schaller one in chrome I sold you a while back.

Did I sell you the Kahler Steeler? I remember having a really cool Kahler Steeler off a Zion and I'm pretty sure you bought it. The Steeler kicks ass and it's a shame people confuse it with the Killer and the Spyder.
That's the one I didn't buy. Good trem though .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts