Holy hell... :eek:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Jesus fucking christ... That's awesome

·
One-Two-Nine-Five
598 Posts
I saw them with Origin and they just killed it. That bassist is insane. I think they got a new one recently though.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do tech death bands only hire bassists who either play fretless or a million strings? :lol:

Great player, and that's some pretty odd picking technique he has. I don't really dig the music too much, but it's always good to watch someone who can play darn well!
Yeah, I was actually thinking his picking technique looked odd as well. Can't argue with the results though...

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Yeah they have gotten a new bassist recently. This guy is nuts though, and its his playing that got me into Beyond Creation.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Yeah they have gotten a new bassist recently. This guy is nuts though, and its his playing that got me into Beyond Creation.
:agreed: I love his style of playing. Its so great to actually hear the bass, and he is playing the most awesome stuff. I'm bummed that he isn't in the band anymore, but they found another guy who plays fretless.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
I just learned about these dudes recently when sniffing around Spotify's related artist section for Soreption.
They own so hard. Evidently, fretless bass in tech death is becoming a "thing". I haven't decided if I like it yet, but this is indeed pretty sick.

The higher register WERRMPS and PWOMMPS could be controlled with a multiband compressor and kept lower in the mix for my tastes. It's like, one second I'm nodding along vigorously to a sick groove section, then out of nowhere there's a bass swell all like SWERRRMPY SWERRRMP. :scratch:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
I just learned about these dudes recently when sniffing around Spotify's related artist section for Soreption.
They own so hard. Evidently, fretless bass in tech death is becoming a "thing". I haven't decided if I like it yet, but this is indeed pretty sick.

The higher register WERRMPS and PWOMMPS could be controlled with a multiband compressor and kept lower in the mix for my tastes. It's like, one second I'm nodding along vigorously to a sick groove section, then out of nowhere there's a bass swell all like SWERRRMPY SWERRRMP. :scratch:
See I like that in particular about the bass. I think its pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
See I like that in particular about the bass. I think its pretty awesome.
It's one of the reasons I loved Obscura when I first heard them, randomly hearing Jeroen's bass go WWWOOOOOMMMMM when he was doing a fretless slide. That sound is the very reason I'm looking to get a fretless at some point

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
I have a love/hate thing for the fretless in tech death. Probably 85-90% of the time I absolutely love the sound of it. But that other 10%...that characteristic fretless sound just has a way of ruining some of the heaviest moments sometimes.

This band is probably my favorite that I've heard it in so far though for sure. Granted it's between them and obscure :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts